Обсуждение: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/libpq fe-connect.c

pgsql-server/src/interfaces/libpq fe-connect.c

От
momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/08/29 19:06:32

Modified files:
    src/interfaces/libpq: fe-connect.c

Log message:

    Alvaro Herrera

Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/libpq fe-connect.c

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
Does this patch also check that it's not world-writable?

Chris

Дата:
En Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:15:02 +0800
"Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> escribió:

> Does this patch also check that it's not world-writable?

Yes (S_IRWXG | S_IRWXO).

What it doesn't check is that the directory it lives in is also not
world- or group-writable, or that it is a regular file.

I'm doing CLUSTER ALL right now and will attack REINDEX ALL later, so
feel free to do anything you like with this...

"Everybody understands Mickey Mouse. Few understand Hermann Hesse.
Hardly anybody understands Einstein. And nobody understands Emperor Norton."

Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/libpq fe-connect.c

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> En Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:15:02 +0800
> "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> escribi?:
>
> > Does this patch also check that it's not world-writable?
>
> Yes (S_IRWXG | S_IRWXO).
>
> What it doesn't check is that the directory it lives in is also not
> world- or group-writable, or that it is a regular file.

I think the existing checks are enough.