momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/11/06 12:51:03

Modified files:
    doc            : TODO

Log message:
    Remove:

    < * Move dbmirror and rserv from /contrib to gborg.postgresql.org

Re: pgsql-server/doc TODO

Дата:
momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS) writes:
>     Remove:
>     < * Move dbmirror and rserv from /contrib to gborg.postgresql.org

Isn't rserv still on the hit list?

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql-server/doc TODO

От
Bruce Momjian
Tom Lane wrote:
> momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS) writes:
> >     Remove:
> >     < * Move dbmirror and rserv from /contrib to gborg.postgresql.org
>
> Isn't rserv still on the hit list?

I am not sure anymore.  Why would we move rserv and not dbmirror?

Re: pgsql-server/doc TODO

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
> > momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS) writes:
> > >     Remove:
> > >     < * Move dbmirror and rserv from /contrib to gborg.postgresql.org
> >
> > Isn't rserv still on the hit list?
>
> I am not sure anymore.  Why would we move rserv and not dbmirror?

We should still be moving both, regardless of licensing ...

Re: pgsql-server/doc TODO

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> > >
> > > Isn't rserv still on the hit list?
> >
> > I am not sure anymore.  Why would we move rserv and not dbmirror?
>
> We should still be moving both, regardless of licensing ...

What got me confused is that Tom told the dbmirror maintainer that we
would move it _unless_ he had the license changed.  Now that it is
changed, what do we do?  In fact, the author said he didn't want to
change the lincense if it was going to be moved to gborg anyway.

Re: pgsql-server/doc TODO

Дата:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> We should still be moving both, regardless of licensing ...

> What got me confused is that Tom told the dbmirror maintainer that we
> would move it _unless_ he had the license changed.

I said that my vote would be to keep it in, if the license were BSD.
Marc's opinion is different, evidently.  Any other votes out there?

As for rserv, my impression was that contrib/rserv is actively broken
with 7.3, because it hasn't been updated for schemas.  (Can anyone
confirm or deny that?)  If it doesn't work with 7.3 then that would
be a powerful reason to pull it out, IMHO.

            regards, tom lane