Обсуждение: pgsql: Prevent (auto)vacuum from truncating first page of populated mat

pgsql: Prevent (auto)vacuum from truncating first page of populated mat

От
Kevin Grittner
Дата:
Prevent (auto)vacuum from truncating first page of populated matview.

Per report from Fujii Masao, with regression test using his example.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b69ec7cc990fd8da75ed4c232899503217d7b9ae

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/commands/vacuumlazy.c     |    6 ++++++
src/test/regress/expected/matview.out |   20 ++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/matview.sql      |   12 ++++++++++++

Re: pgsql: Prevent (auto)vacuum from truncating first page of populated mat

Дата:
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@postgresql.org> writes:
> Prevent (auto)vacuum from truncating first page of populated matview.
> Per report from Fujii Masao, with regression test using his example.

What happens when VACUUM is applied to an unscannable matview?

I remain of the opinion that this is a band-aid on an unsustainable
design, regardless of such minor points.

            regards, tom lane