Обсуждение: pgsql: Handle Unicode surrogate pairs correctly when processing JSON.

pgsql: Handle Unicode surrogate pairs correctly when processing JSON.

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
Handle Unicode surrogate pairs correctly when processing JSON.

In 9.2, Unicode escape sequences are not analysed at all other than
to make sure that they are in the form \uXXXX. But in 9.3 many of the
new operators and functions try to turn JSON text values into text in
the server encoding, and this includes de-escaping Unicode escape
sequences. This processing had not taken into account the possibility
that this might contain a surrogate pair to designate a character
outside the BMP. That is now handled correctly.

This also enforces correct use of surrogate pairs, something that is not
done by the type's input routines. This fact is noted in the docs.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/94e3311b97448324d67ba9a527854271373329d9

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/func.sgml             |    9 +++++++
src/backend/utils/adt/json.c       |   52 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/expected/json.out |   23 ++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/json.sql      |    8 ++++++
4 files changed, 92 insertions(+)

Re: pgsql: Handle Unicode surrogate pairs correctly when processing JSON.

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
On Sat, Jun  8, 2013 at 01:21:20PM +0000, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Handle Unicode surrogate pairs correctly when processing JSON.
>
> In 9.2, Unicode escape sequences are not analysed at all other than
> to make sure that they are in the form \uXXXX. But in 9.3 many of the
> new operators and functions try to turn JSON text values into text in
> the server encoding, and this includes de-escaping Unicode escape
> sequences. This processing had not taken into account the possibility
> that this might contain a surrogate pair to designate a character
> outside the BMP. That is now handled correctly.
>
> This also enforces correct use of surrogate pairs, something that is not
> done by the type's input routines. This fact is noted in the docs.
>
> Branch
> ------
> master
>
> Details
> -------
> http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/94e3311b97448324d67ba9a527854271373329d9
>
> Modified Files
> --------------
> doc/src/sgml/func.sgml             |    9 +++++++
> src/backend/utils/adt/json.c       |   52 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> src/test/regress/expected/json.out |   23 ++++++++++++++++
> src/test/regress/sql/json.sql      |    8 ++++++
> 4 files changed, 92 insertions(+)

Does this affect any data already stored in PG 9.3 beta?  Is it
something that should require a catalog bump?

Re: pgsql: Handle Unicode surrogate pairs correctly when processing JSON.

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 06/24/2013 11:50 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sat, Jun  8, 2013 at 01:21:20PM +0000, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Handle Unicode surrogate pairs correctly when processing JSON.
>>
>> In 9.2, Unicode escape sequences are not analysed at all other than
>> to make sure that they are in the form \uXXXX. But in 9.3 many of the
>> new operators and functions try to turn JSON text values into text in
>> the server encoding, and this includes de-escaping Unicode escape
>> sequences. This processing had not taken into account the possibility
>> that this might contain a surrogate pair to designate a character
>> outside the BMP. That is now handled correctly.
>>
>> This also enforces correct use of surrogate pairs, something that is not
>> done by the type's input routines. This fact is noted in the docs.
>>
>> Branch
>> ------
>> master
>>
>> Details
>> -------
>> http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/94e3311b97448324d67ba9a527854271373329d9
>>
>> Modified Files
>> --------------
>> doc/src/sgml/func.sgml             |    9 +++++++
>> src/backend/utils/adt/json.c       |   52 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> src/test/regress/expected/json.out |   23 ++++++++++++++++
>> src/test/regress/sql/json.sql      |    8 ++++++
>> 4 files changed, 92 insertions(+)
> Does this affect any data already stored in PG 9.3 beta?  Is it
> something that should require a catalog bump?

No and no. All it means is that where we previously extracted data
encoded with surrogate pairs incorrectly, now we do it correctly. Only
the processing functions enforce this - for legacy reasons the input
routines don't enforce correct use of surrogate pairs - or indeed any
unicode escapes, as long as they are in the form \uxxxx

cheers

andrew