Обсуждение: Re: Some typos in the postgresql manual

Re: Some typos in the postgresql manual

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Jon Barnett wrote:

> page 165
> Class.forName(postgresql.Driver);
> Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");
>
> page 167
> ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery(select * from mytable);
> ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery("select * from mytable");
>
> st.executeUpdate(create table basic (a int2, b int2));
> st.executeUpdate("create table basic (a int2, b int2)");
>
> etc,
>
> I'm not sure why the quotes have disappeared.

Looks like the are lost in the sgml. I'm forwarding this to the docs list.

Thanks, Peter

> Good job with the manual though.

--       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgresJava PDF Generator: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf

Re: [DOCS] Re: Some typos in the postgresql manual

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> > page 165
> > Class.forName(postgresql.Driver);
> > Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");
> > etc,
> > I'm not sure why the quotes have disappeared.
> Looks like the are lost in the sgml.

Hmm. Looks like they were replaced with <literal> tags, which is not
the same thing. How many of these are there? How should we get this
but one could just put in the double quote character instead of the
<quote>.

Should I make a stab at changing the markup, or does someone who knows
more about Java want to do it? The relevant file is
doc/src/sgml/jdbc.sgml.
                     - Tom

South Pasadena, California

Re: [DOCS] Re: Some typos in the postgresql manual

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > > page 165
> > > Class.forName(postgresql.Driver);
> > > Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");
> > > etc,
> > > I'm not sure why the quotes have disappeared.
> > Looks like the are lost in the sgml.
>
> Hmm. Looks like they were replaced with <literal> tags, which is not
> the same thing. How many of these are there? How should we get this
> fixed up? The right way is probably to mark up with
> but one could just put in the double quote character instead of the
> <quote>.
>
> Should I make a stab at changing the markup, or does someone who knows
> more about Java want to do it? The relevant file is
> doc/src/sgml/jdbc.sgml.

I'll take a look at it tonight, and commit the changes from here.

Peter

--       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgresJava PDF Generator: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf

Re: [DOCS] Re: Some typos in the postgresql manual

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Peter T Mount wrote:

> > > Looks like the are lost in the sgml.
> >
> > Hmm. Looks like they were replaced with <literal> tags, which is not
> > the same thing. How many of these are there? How should we get this
> > fixed up? The right way is probably to mark up with
> > but one could just put in the double quote character instead of the
> > <quote>.
> >
> > Should I make a stab at changing the markup, or does someone who knows
> > more about Java want to do it? The relevant file is
> > doc/src/sgml/jdbc.sgml.
>
> I'll take a look at it tonight, and commit the changes from here.

Done. Let me know if its correct (SGML wise).

Peter