Обсуждение: web docs

web docs

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
Of the files in http://www.postgresql.org/docs  which ones are auto
generated?  Or it may be easier to say which ones are NOT auto generated?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: [DOCS] web docs

От
Bruce Momjian

> Of the files in http://www.postgresql.org/docs  which ones are auto
> generated?  Or it may be easier to say which ones are NOT auto generated?

FAQ, FAQ_DEV, TODO come from here.  Platform-independent from from
maintainers.  None are auto-generated.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [DOCS] web docs

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On 10-Jun-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> Of the files in http://www.postgresql.org/docs  which ones are auto
>> generated?  Or it may be easier to say which ones are NOT auto generated?
>
> FAQ, FAQ_DEV, TODO come from here.  Platform-independent from from
> maintainers.  None are auto-generated.

Ok.  As unpopular as this'll be, there are a few items that I'll have to
do in a frames format.  The new style, but framed.  All that's left is
news, sponsors and a few touchups on the registration form for the non
framed stuff, then the framed docs items.  Looks like you may get your
wish - but the water main crisis is over so it's back to work tomorrow.
Tonite's ball game was called for lightning (something about 1" hail on
it's way or some other wimpy stuff :) so I was able to take care of some
cleanup and AFAIK I don't need to meet any contractors this weekend.
Keep your fingers crossed, we may just pull this off!!

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: [DOCS] web docs

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> Of the files in http://www.postgresql.org/docs  which ones are auto
> generated?  Or it may be easier to say which ones are NOT auto
> generated?

I was just talking with Bruce about this. I'm running a daily cron job
on hub.org which puts new html docs onto the web site. istm that the
web master or at least one other person from myself should know what
is being done and may want to take it over.

Anyway, the html docs indocs/{postgres,tutorial,user,admin,programmer}

are currently being autogenerated. We may want to put the release
versions in there, and move the autogenerated stuff to a "developers"
page to avoid confusion on documented features between releases.

I'm not aware of anything else being done from a cron job, but Bruce
sez he has some automated scheme for posting the ToDo and FAQs.
                 - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [DOCS] web docs

От
Bruce Momjian

> On 10-Jun-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >>
> >> Of the files in http://www.postgresql.org/docs  which ones are auto
> >> generated?  Or it may be easier to say which ones are NOT auto generated?
> >
> > FAQ, FAQ_DEV, TODO come from here.  Platform-independent from from
> > maintainers.  None are auto-generated.
>
> Ok.  As unpopular as this'll be, there are a few items that I'll have to
> do in a frames format.  The new style, but framed.  All that's left is
> news, sponsors and a few touchups on the registration form for the non
> framed stuff, then the framed docs items.  Looks like you may get your
> wish - but the water main crisis is over so it's back to work tomorrow.
> Tonite's ball game was called for lightning (something about 1" hail on
> it's way or some other wimpy stuff :) so I was able to take care of some
> cleanup and AFAIK I don't need to meet any contractors this weekend.
> Keep your fingers crossed, we may just pull this off!!

I realize this frame stuff is required because we can't supply the
proper stuff with all the files.

Thanks.

Pennsylvania19026