Обсуждение: Fwd: [SQL] aggregate function stddev

Fwd: [SQL] aggregate function stddev

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,

Sending this remark to the list so that I/we don't forget to patch it .....

Just noticed that the postgres stddev is the stddev_sample formula.
There are two different ways to calculate this value.
Their difference is very small with large samle size.  It would be nice
to distinguish the two different versions.

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Fwd: [SQL] aggregate function stddev

Дата:
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Sending this remark to the list so that I/we don't forget to patch it .....

> Just noticed that the postgres stddev is the stddev_sample formula.

The documentation already points out that stddev is the sample standard
deviation.

            regards, tom lane