Обсуждение: broken link on techdocs

broken link on techdocs

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
I tried to access
<http://techdocs.postgresql.org/redir.php?link=http://jonathangardner.net/PostgreSQL/materialized_views/matviews.html>

and it says that the connection was refused. However, that's a useful
document and I'm not sure it has a replacement. Is this a temporary host
server problem, or is that a broken link?

Maybe for outside links we should periodically run one of those web
crawler things that checks for broken links. It seems unprofessional
when we have broken links anywhere on the site. Also, it can alert us to
resources that may need to be hosted somewhere more reliably.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Re: broken link on techdocs

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
Just FYI this is off topic in this group.  Emails regarding techdocs should be
directed to pgsql-www or webmaster@postgresql.org.

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 16:20, Jeff Davis wrote:
> I tried to access
> <http://techdocs.postgresql.org/redir.php?link=http://jonathangardner.net/P
>ostgreSQL/materialized_views/matviews.html>
>
> and it says that the connection was refused. However, that's a useful
> document and I'm not sure it has a replacement. Is this a temporary host
> server problem, or is that a broken link?

Apparently it was a temporary hosting issue, as it seems to be working now.

> Maybe for outside links we should periodically run one of those web
> crawler things that checks for broken links. It seems unprofessional
> when we have broken links anywhere on the site. Also, it can alert us to
> resources that may need to be hosted somewhere more reliably.

Well, I'm happy to host it on techdocs if he wants to move it there.

--
Robert Treat