Обсуждение: Capitalization of "PL/pgSQL"

Capitalization of "PL/pgSQL"

От
Josh Kupershmidt
Дата:
I happened to notice this while reading the 9.0 release notes. Most
places, "PL/pgSQL" is capitalized (correctly?) like so:
  $ find postgresql/ | xargs grep "PL/pgSQL" | wc -l
     476

But I also see a decent number of references to this alternate capitalization:
  $ find postgresql/ | xargs grep "PL/PgSQL" | wc -l
     55

I always assumed "PL/pgSQL" was correct, but does anyone know for
sure? Anyone interested in making consistent all these mentions of
PL/pgSQL in the source (I can send in a patch if needed)?

Josh

Re: Capitalization of "PL/pgSQL"

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Josh Kupershmidt wrote:
> I happened to notice this while reading the 9.0 release notes. Most
> places, "PL/pgSQL" is capitalized (correctly?) like so:
>   $ find postgresql/ | xargs grep "PL/pgSQL" | wc -l
>      476
>
> But I also see a decent number of references to this alternate capitalization:
>   $ find postgresql/ | xargs grep "PL/PgSQL" | wc -l
>      55
>
> I always assumed "PL/pgSQL" was correct, but does anyone know for
> sure? Anyone interested in making consistent all these mentions of
> PL/pgSQL in the source (I can send in a patch if needed)?

Sure, it should be PL/pgSQL.

Re: Capitalization of "PL/pgSQL"

От
Josh Kupershmidt
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Josh Kupershmidt wrote:
>> I always assumed "PL/pgSQL" was correct, but does anyone know for
>> sure? Anyone interested in making consistent all these mentions of
>> PL/pgSQL in the source (I can send in a patch if needed)?
>
> Sure, it should be PL/pgSQL.

OK, here's a patch to fix. I tested with "make check" as
src/test/regress/expected/plpgsql.out and
src/test/regress/sql/plpgsql.sql are touched.

Side note: The wiki page "Submitting a Patch":
  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch
still talks about patch generation with cvs only, maybe someone who's
more comfortable thank I am with the patch process wants to change
this to talk about git?

Josh

Вложения

Re: Capitalization of "PL/pgSQL"

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> Josh Kupershmidt wrote:
>>> I always assumed "PL/pgSQL" was correct, but does anyone know for
>>> sure? Anyone interested in making consistent all these mentions of
>>> PL/pgSQL in the source (I can send in a patch if needed)?
>>
>> Sure, it should be PL/pgSQL.
>
> OK, here's a patch to fix. I tested with "make check" as
> src/test/regress/expected/plpgsql.out and
> src/test/regress/sql/plpgsql.sql are touched.

Committed, except for the changes to the .po files, which I'm given to
understand would just get overwritten by the next translation update
anyway.  Not back-patching, so as to avoid creating unnecessary work
for translators.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Capitalization of "PL/pgSQL"

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On ons, 2010-09-22 at 22:00 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Not back-patching, so as to avoid creating unnecessary work
> for translators.

Probably not worth backpatching anyway ... but the patch doesn't
actually touch anything translatable.

Re: Capitalization of "PL/pgSQL"

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On ons, 2010-09-22 at 22:00 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Not back-patching, so as to avoid creating unnecessary work
>> for translators.
>
> Probably not worth backpatching anyway ... but the patch doesn't
> actually touch anything translatable.

Oh, huh.  So are those leftover strings that aren't used any more, or what?

[rhaas pgsql]$ git grep -l PL/PgSQL
src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/fr.po
src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/it.po
src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/ja.po
src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/ro.po

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Capitalization of "PL/pgSQL"

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of jue sep 23 09:38:32 -0400 2010:

> Oh, huh.  So are those leftover strings that aren't used any more, or what?
>
> [rhaas pgsql]$ git grep -l PL/PgSQL
> src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/fr.po
> src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/it.po
> src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/ja.po
> src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/ro.po

exactly --  they are in #~ comments.

Re: Capitalization of "PL/pgSQL"

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of jue sep 23 09:38:32 -0400 2010:
>
>> Oh, huh.  So are those leftover strings that aren't used any more, or what?
>>
>> [rhaas pgsql]$ git grep -l PL/PgSQL
>> src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/fr.po
>> src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/it.po
>> src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/ja.po
>> src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/ro.po
>
> exactly --  they are in #~ comments.

fr and it are, but ja and ro are not.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Capitalization of "PL/pgSQL"

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of jue sep 23 15:08:31 -0400 2010:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of jue sep 23 09:38:32 -0400 2010:
> >
> >> Oh, huh.  So are those leftover strings that aren't used any more, or what?
> >>
> >> [rhaas pgsql]$ git grep -l PL/PgSQL
> >> src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/fr.po
> >> src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/it.po
> >> src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/ja.po
> >> src/pl/plpgsql/src/po/ro.po
> >
> > exactly --  they are in #~ comments.
>
> fr and it are, but ja and ro are not.

Then ja and ro are out of date (which matches the dates in the headers).

Re: Capitalization of "PL/pgSQL"

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of jue sep 23 15:08:31 -0400 2010:
>> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> > Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of jue sep 23 09:38:32 -0400 2010:

>> > exactly --  they are in #~ comments.
>>
>> fr and it are, but ja and ro are not.
>
> Then ja and ro are out of date (which matches the dates in the headers).

OK, makes sense.  Sorry, my understanding of how the translation stuff
works is still a bit thin.