Обсуждение: START_REPLICATION TIMELINE

START_REPLICATION TIMELINE

От
Marko Tiikkaja
Дата:
Hi,

In http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/protocol-replication.html
there's conflicting information about the TIMELINE option.  In the
syntax part it's not optional, but the text says "If specified,
streaming starts on timeline tli; otherwise, the server's current
timeline is selected.".  Looks like the 9.3 docs always require a
timeline to be specified.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja

Re: START_REPLICATION TIMELINE

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/protocol-replication.html
> there's conflicting information about the TIMELINE option.  In the syntax
> part it's not optional, but the text says "If specified, streaming starts on
> timeline tli; otherwise, the server's current timeline is selected.".  Looks
> like the 9.3 docs always require a timeline to be specified.

ISTM that TIMELINE is optional both in HEAD and 9.3. So I fixed the document
in both versions. Thanks for the report!

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao