Обсуждение: pg_prepared_statements

pg_prepared_statements

От
Dmitry Igrishin
Дата:
Hi,

I suggest to use phrase "the PREPARE SQL command" at
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/view-pg-prepared-statements.html
Thus, I would replace:

"For prepared statements created via SQL, this is the PREPARE
statement submitted by the client. For prepared statements created via
the frontend/backend protocol, this is the text of the prepared
statement itself."
"For prepared statements created via SQL, this is the PREPARE SQL
command submitted by the client. For prepared statements created via
the frontend/backend protocol, this is the statement itself."

"true if the prepared statement was created via the PREPARE SQL statement"
"true if the prepared statement was created via the PREPARE SQL command"

--
// Dmitry.

Re: pg_prepared_statements

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 6/2/16 1:59 AM, Dmitry Igrishin wrote:
> I suggest to use phrase "the PREPARE SQL command" at
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/view-pg-prepared-statements.html
> Thus, I would replace:
>
> "For prepared statements created via SQL, this is the PREPARE
> statement submitted by the client. For prepared statements created via
> the frontend/backend protocol, this is the text of the prepared
> statement itself."
> "For prepared statements created via SQL, this is the PREPARE SQL
> command submitted by the client. For prepared statements created via
> the frontend/backend protocol, this is the statement itself."
>
> "true if the prepared statement was created via the PREPARE SQL statement"
> "true if the prepared statement was created via the PREPARE SQL command"

I'm not sure why that is better.  "statement" is the standard term in
these contexts.

Re: pg_prepared_statements

От
Dmitry Igrishin
Дата:
> On 6/2/16 1:59 AM, Dmitry Igrishin wrote:
>>
>> I suggest to use phrase "the PREPARE SQL command" at
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/view-pg-prepared-statements.html
>> Thus, I would replace:
>>
>> "For prepared statements created via SQL, this is the PREPARE
>> statement submitted by the client. For prepared statements created via
>> the frontend/backend protocol, this is the text of the prepared
>> statement itself."
>> "For prepared statements created via SQL, this is the PREPARE SQL
>> command submitted by the client. For prepared statements created via
>> the frontend/backend protocol, this is the statement itself."
>>
>> "true if the prepared statement was created via the PREPARE SQL statement"
>> "true if the prepared statement was created via the PREPARE SQL command"
>

> I'm not sure why that is better.  "statement" is the standard term in these
> contexts.
According to https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-prepare.html
"statement" is a text of statement without "PREPARE". So, the phrase
"PREPARE statement"
not absolutely clear.
And according to
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-commands.html
the PREPARE is a SQL command, rather than SQL statement.

Re: pg_prepared_statements

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 6/3/16 2:38 AM, Dmitry Igrishin wrote:
>>> "true if the prepared statement was created via the PREPARE SQL statement"
>>> "true if the prepared statement was created via the PREPARE SQL command"
>>

>> I'm not sure why that is better.  "statement" is the standard term in these
>> contexts.
> According to https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-prepare.html
> "statement" is a text of statement without "PREPARE". So, the phrase
> "PREPARE statement"
> not absolutely clear.
> And according to
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-commands.html
> the PREPARE is a SQL command, rather than SQL statement.

Fixed