Обсуждение: Select MIN() & MAX()

Select MIN() & MAX()

От
"Krasnow, Greg"
Дата:
In the documentation it mentions that Postgresql does not currently support
MIN() and MAX() in the select list, but only in the where clause... will
this be available in the next version of Postgresql and is there another way
to do this in the current version?

- Greg

Greg Krasnow
HNC Software Inc.
Financial Solutions Group
Senior Software Engineer
Email: gak@hnc.com
Direct Phone: 619.799.8341
Fax: 619.799.8036

Re: [GENERAL] Select MIN() & MAX()

От
Dimitri
Дата:
On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, you wrote:
>In the documentation it mentions that Postgresql does not currently support
>MIN() and MAX() in the select list, but only in the where clause... will
>this be available in the next version of Postgresql and is there another way
>to do this in the current version?

I don't know what is written in the doc, but in practice

select MAX( Attr ) from Table;
select MIN( Attr ) from Table;
select AVG( Attr ) from Table;
etc.

works without problem for me (v.6.3.2)

>- Greg
>

>Greg Krasnow
>HNC Software Inc.
>Financial Solutions Group
>Senior Software Engineer
>Email: gak@hnc.com
>Direct Phone: 619.799.8341
>Fax: 619.799.8036
 Dimitri KRAVTCHUK  (dim)           Sun Microsystems
 Benchmark Engineer                 France
 dimitri@France.Sun.COM

Re: [GENERAL] Select MIN() & MAX()

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
> In the documentation it mentions that Postgresql does not currently support
> MIN() and MAX() in the select list, but only in the where clause... will
> this be available in the next version of Postgresql and is there another way
> to do this in the current version?

But we do support them in the select list.  Where does it say that?

Re: [GENERAL] Select MIN() & MAX()

От
Jeremiah Davis
Дата:
I'm using this in a an application right now:
 $result = pg_Exec($conn, "SELECT MAX(pos) FROM demogallery;");

and its been working fine for about 2-3 months...