Обсуждение: Soundex functions for triggers?

Soundex functions for triggers?

От
"Roderick A. Anderson"
Дата:
I live in an area with a lot of early French explorer influence therefore
may french names.  I'm building a database for a website/directory of
businesses, organizations, attractions, etc. for the locals and visitors.
I'd like to handle miss-spellings or rather phonetic spellings for those
that have heard of Core da Lane but don't realize it's spelled Coeur
d'Alene.
   I remember reading of a set of functions that convert words and phrases
into soundex thingy's.  Using this set of functions I'd store a soundex
thingy so searches could be on this instead of the actual name.

Is anyone on the list aware of someone building these functions so they
are usable in triggers? (Of course I'm now thinking I've seen mention of
soundex being a part of PostgreSQL.  Go figure!)
   Any pointers or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Rod
--
Roderick A. Anderson
raanders@altoplanos.net               Altoplanos Information Systems, Inc.

Re: [GENERAL] Soundex functions for triggers?

От
Rob Walker

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

>    I remember reading of a set of functions that convert words and phrases
> into soundex thingy's.  Using this set of functions I'd store a soundex
> thingy so searches could be on this instead of the actual name.
>
> Is anyone on the list aware of someone building these functions so they
> are usable in triggers? (Of course I'm now thinking I've seen mention of
> soundex being a part of PostgreSQL.  Go figure!)
>    Any pointers or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>
> Rod

Try looking in the contrib/soundex directory of the distribution (I'm
using 6.4.2)

I have done a similar thing using triggers and it works fine.  I can't
get at the code right now, but email me if you want it.

Rob

Re: [GENERAL] Soundex functions for triggers?

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
/pgsql/contrib/soundex.