Обсуждение: Re: [GENERAL] The WWW of PostgreSQL

Re: [GENERAL] The WWW of PostgreSQL

От
"K.T."
Дата:
I think its too Republican...not that I'm partial to either party...
-----Original Message-----
From: Kaare Rasmussen <kar@webline.dk>
To: pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org <pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org>
Date: Thursday, April 15, 1999 11:47 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] The WWW of PostgreSQL

>> better description of it posted while we were deciding, but I can't
>> remember what it was :)
>
>An elephant never forgets...

Re: [GENERAL] The WWW of PostgreSQL

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, K.T. wrote:

> I think its too Republican...not that I'm partial to either party...

That's okay...PostgreSQL is a Canadian based project, so the concept of
Republican is in-applicable...we dont' have a Republican party up here :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [GENERAL] The WWW of PostgreSQL

От
Thomas Good
Дата:
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, K.T. wrote:
>
> > I think its too Republican...not that I'm partial to either party...
>
> That's okay...PostgreSQL is a Canadian based project, so the concept of
> Republican is in-applicable...we dont' have a Republican party up here :)

I beg to differ Marc - you have the Tories.  They are afflicted with the
same brand of dementia.  Not that Labour is much better.  ;-)

Pray tell how `Canadian Based' is postgres really?  I always
assumed it had more Berkeley ties (geographically) than anything else.
Guess I misapprehended the situation (again ;-)...with the FreeBSD
project being based (loosely, I admit) in Concord, CALIF, I thought
hub.org was the northern spur of a rather large project...

Cheers,
Tom
----
         North Richmond Community Mental Health Center

         Thomas Good   Information Systems Coordinator
         E-Mail:       tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
         Phone:        718-354-5528
         Fax:          718-354-5056

                 Empowered by PostgreSQL 6.3.2

Re: [GENERAL] The WWW of PostgreSQL

От
Statistical Solutions
Дата:
**NOTE***
the ironically impaired should not read on.
*********
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Thomas Good wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, K.T. wrote:
> > > I think its too Republican...not that I'm partial to either party...
> > That's okay...PostgreSQL is a Canadian based project, so the concept of
> > Republican is in-applicable...we dont' have a Republican party up here :)

freakin kommies!

> [snip]
>
> Cheers,
> Tom
> ----
>          North Richmond Community Mental Health Center

oh, good, kommies and inmates running the asylum.

steve

Re: [GENERAL] The WWW of PostgreSQL

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Thomas Good wrote:

> I beg to differ Marc - you have the Tories.  They are afflicted with the
> same brand of dementia.  Not that Labour is much better.  ;-)

Okay, I'll giv eyou tha tone... :)

> Pray tell how `Canadian Based' is postgres really?  I always
> assumed it had more Berkeley ties (geographically) than anything else.
> Guess I misapprehended the situation (again ;-)...with the FreeBSD
> project being based (loosely, I admit) in Concord, CALIF, I thought
> hub.org was the northern spur of a rather large project...

Based as in the development server is in Canada..."geographically", the
project itself has no location...hell, we have this major island floating
out there in Russia, with alot of the developers being Europe based...

FreeBSD is "based" in Concord, CALIF, as PostgreSQL is "based" in
Thornhill, Ontario...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org