Обсуждение: Problem with compiled C

Problem with compiled C

От
Héctor Morales
Дата:
Hi , I have two problems.

1. When a use pgacces, i try connect with one database, responde the
next error.
        Error trying to connect to database "xxxx" on host "xxx"
        PostgreSQL error message: Connection to database failed
connectDB() --connect() failed: Connection refused Is the postmaster
running (whit -i) at "xxx" and accepting connections on TCP/IP por
"5432".

    I use Postgresql 6.5, on RedHat 6. I don't know why not connect.

2. When i compiled one program in C, I don't  Know what parameter i use
with gcc
but i compilied the example of the testc.c in manual of programmer no
indicate How to compiled.

Thanks for yor help.

Re: [GENERAL] Problem with compiled C

От
Charles Tassell
Дата:
From an xterm / command prompt, type:

 ps auxw |grep postmaster

  Make sure the postmaster is running with the -i option (ie, postmaster -i
-B 256) If you are running pgaccess on a different machine than PostGres is
running on, you'll also have to edit the pg_hba.conf to make sure you are
allowed to connect from the remote machine.

  To compile C programs you need to add the pq library, so use something like:
gcc -o test test.c -lpq

Good luck.

At 04:24 PM 8/11/99, Héctor Morales wrote:
>Hi , I have two problems.
>
>1. When a use pgacces, i try connect with one database, responde the
>next error.
>        Error trying to connect to database "xxxx" on host "xxx"
>        PostgreSQL error message: Connection to database failed
>connectDB() --connect() failed: Connection refused Is the postmaster
>running (whit -i) at "xxx" and accepting connections on TCP/IP por
>"5432".
>
>    I use Postgresql 6.5, on RedHat 6. I don't know why not connect.
>
>2. When i compiled one program in C, I don't  Know what parameter i use
>with gcc
>but i compilied the example of the testc.c in manual of programmer no
>indicate How to compiled.
>

>Thanks for yor help.

Re: [GENERAL] Problem with compiled C

От
Héctor Morales
Дата:
Charles Tassell wrote:

> >From an xterm / command prompt, type:
>
>  ps auxw |grep postmaster
>
>   Make sure the postmaster is running with the -i option (ie, postmaster -i
> -B 256) If you are running pgaccess on a different machine than PostGres is
> running on, you'll also have to edit the pg_hba.conf to make sure you are
> allowed to connect from the remote machine.
>
>   To compile C programs you need to add the pq library, so use something like:
> gcc -o test test.c -lpq
>
> Good luck.
>
> At 04:24 PM 8/11/99, Héctor Morales wrote:
> >Hi , I have two problems.
> >
> >1. When a use pgacces, i try connect with one database, responde the
> >next error.
> >        Error trying to connect to database "xxxx" on host "xxx"
> >        PostgreSQL error message: Connection to database failed
> >connectDB() --connect() failed: Connection refused Is the postmaster
> >running (whit -i) at "xxx" and accepting connections on TCP/IP por
> >"5432".
> >
> >    I use Postgresql 6.5, on RedHat 6. I don't know why not connect.
> >
> >2. When i compiled one program in C, I don't  Know what parameter i use
> >with gcc
> >but i compilied the example of the testc.c in manual of programmer no
> >indicate How to compiled.
> >

> >Thanks for yor help.

Excellent pgaccess  work is great.

So  when I compiled my program in C use
gcc -o prueba prueba.c  -llibpq.so

responde
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot open -llibpg.so : no such file or directory
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I  probe with
gcc -o prueba prueba.c  -llibpq.so -L/usr/lib

But equal , I sure that the library is in this directory and a observe the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and the directory  is in this variable.

So i don't Know why not compiled.

Thanks

Re: [GENERAL] Problem with compiled C

От
Howie
Дата:
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, [iso-8859-1] H�ctor Morales wrote:

> Charles Tassell wrote:
> >[SNIP]
> >   To compile C programs you need to add the pq library, so use something like:
> > gcc -o test test.c -lpq
> [SNIP]
> Excellent pgaccess  work is great.
>
> So  when I compiled my program in C use
> gcc -o prueba prueba.c  -llibpq.so
>
> responde
>     /usr/bin/ld: cannot open -llibpg.so : no such file or directory
>     collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I  probe with
> gcc -o prueba prueba.c  -llibpq.so -L/usr/lib

gcc -o prueba prueba.c -L/usr/lib -lpq

-l tells gcc ( the linker, actually ) to look for lib<whatever follows the
-l>.  ie: -lm == libm, -lpq == libpq.

-llibpq.so == liblibpq.so.  obviously that file doesnt exist.

more information can be obtained via 'info gcc' or 'man gcc'.

---
Howie <caffeine@toodarkpark.org>   URL: http://www.toodarkpark.org
"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."

Re: [GENERAL] Problem with compiled C

От
Cesar Lombao

> Hi , I have two problems.
>
> 1. When a use pgacces, i try connect with one database, responde the
> next error.
>         Error trying to connect to database "xxxx" on host "xxx"
>         PostgreSQL error message: Connection to database failed
> connectDB() --connect() failed: Connection refused Is the postmaster
> running (whit -i) at "xxx" and accepting connections on TCP/IP por
> "5432".

You must launch postmaster with parameters -S -i, if you have a postgres
file in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ open it, and modify how postgres is started

>     I use Postgresql 6.5, on RedHat 6. I don't know why not connect.
>
> 2. When i compiled one program in C, I don't  Know what parameter i use
> with gcc
> but i compilied the example of the testc.c in manual of programmer no
> indicate How to compiled.

You must compile with -lpq , something like
gcc test.c -lpq