Обсуждение: psql : Comment?

psql : Comment?

От
Bruce Tong
Дата:
I tend to put SQL into text files and then let a makefile run them through
psql. I'd like to be able to put comments into these SQL files. Is there a
character psql accepts as a comment?

Example (create.sql) ...

# Patient Records are really cool.

CREATE TABLE patient
(
    id     integer unqiue not null,     # A nifty column, eh?
);

Example (makefile) ...

create    :
    psql -f create.sql

--

Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer         |  Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.

Re: [GENERAL] psql : Comment?

От
Simon Drabble
Дата:
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Bruce Tong wrote:

> I tend to put SQL into text files and then let a makefile run them through
> psql. I'd like to be able to put comments into these SQL files. Is there a
> character psql accepts as a comment?
>

> Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at night.

Standard(?) SQL method is to use -- , e.g.

CREATE TABLE foo (
    bar    int,    -- an integer
    baz    text    -- some text
);

Simon.

--
 "Don't anthropomorphise computers - they don't like it."

   Simon Drabble                      It's like karma for your brain.
   simon@eskimo.com