Обсуждение: Remote PSQL...

Remote PSQL...

От
"Jablonski, David"
Дата:
Hi,

I'm trying to use psql on a remote machine and every time I connect I get a
response "Unsupported front-end protocol."  I did a packet sniff and saw
that it was trying to connect to the correct remote host and port number but
then the server would return the error response.  I've looked through all
the documentation I could find and I'm at my wits end so if anyone could
point me in the right direction I would be grateful.  TIA

Remote Host:  OpenBSD 2.5
Client:  RedHat 6.0

Re: [GENERAL] Remote PSQL...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
The version of psql you are trying to connect with is not compatible with
the version of postgresql you are trying to connect to...

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Jablonski, David wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use psql on a remote machine and every time I connect I get a
> response "Unsupported front-end protocol."  I did a packet sniff and saw
> that it was trying to connect to the correct remote host and port number but
> then the server would return the error response.  I've looked through all
> the documentation I could find and I'm at my wits end so if anyone could
> point me in the right direction I would be grateful.  TIA
>
> Remote Host:  OpenBSD 2.5
> Client:  RedHat 6.0
>
> ************

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [GENERAL] Remote PSQL...

От
Teodor Cimpoesu
Дата:
"Jablonski, David" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use psql on a remote machine and every time I connect I get a
> response "Unsupported front-end protocol."  I did a packet sniff and saw
> that it was trying to connect to the correct remote host and port number but
> then the server would return the error response.  I've looked through all
> the documentation I could find and I'm at my wits end so if anyone could
> point me in the right direction I would be grateful.  TIA
>
> Remote Host:  OpenBSD 2.5
> Client:  RedHat 6.0

I think I sow that too, and afaik it's because of client/server library
incompatibility.Try upgrading the older ones - if any.
(btw - I noticed that when trying to connect a 6.4.2 client to 6.3.1 or
something).

--
CIMPOESU Teodor, Web Programmer (h)
@ DIGICOM S.A. Bucharest, Romania