Обсуждение: Solaris 7 settings

Solaris 7 settings

От
Bryan Fullerton
Дата:
Howdy,

I'm setting up PostgreSQL (6.5.1) for the first time, under Solaris 7.  I'm
getting the infamous IpcMemoryCreate error, which I've found in the FAQ, so
I know why I'm getting it - I'm just not sure how to fix it.  I'm fairly sure
I need to tweak settings in /etc/system to get it working - can anyone give
me an idea which variables need to be set and what some good values are?

Thanks,

Bryan

--
Bryan Fullerton                http://www.samurai.com/
Core Competency

Re: [GENERAL] Solaris 7 settings

От
"Dmitri G. Chtchekine"
Дата:
try stating the postmaster with -N 20 setting (# of backend processes).
This worked for me.

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Bryan Fullerton wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm setting up PostgreSQL (6.5.1) for the first time, under Solaris 7.  I'm
> getting the infamous IpcMemoryCreate error, which I've found in the FAQ, so
> I know why I'm getting it - I'm just not sure how to fix it.  I'm fairly sure
> I need to tweak settings in /etc/system to get it working - can anyone give
> me an idea which variables need to be set and what some good values are?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bryan
>
> --
> Bryan Fullerton                http://www.samurai.com/
> Core Competency
> Samurai Consulting
> "No, we don't do seppuku."     Can you feel the Ohmu call?
>
> ************

Re: [GENERAL] Solaris 7 settings

От
Bryan Fullerton
Дата:
Yep, that got it working, which is great for development, but once we get
to putting this thing into production I'll need more than 20 backend
processes.  So I'm set for now - can anyone give me an idea about what
to use for production?

Thanks,

Bryan

--
Bryan Fullerton                http://www.samurai.com/
Core Competency
Samurai Consulting
"No, we don't do seppuku."     Can you feel the Ohmu call?

Re: [GENERAL] Solaris 7 settings

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
You'll have to up the default system values in /etc/system...don't use
these values necessarily, since they are from an Oracle server at the
University, but:

* Semaphore parameters:
*
*   semsys:seminfo_semmns - Number of semaphores in the system
*   semsys:seminfo_semmnu - Number of undo structures in the system
*   semsys:seminfo_semmsl - Max # of semaphores created per semaphore id
*   semsys:seminfo_semume - Max # of undo entries per process
*   semsys:seminfo_semmni - Number of semaphore identifiers

set semsys:seminfo_semmns=900
set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=600
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=100
set semsys:seminfo_semume=50