Обсуждение: Web hosting with PostgreSQL?

Web hosting with PostgreSQL?

От
Paul
Дата:
I am looking for a web hosting company that will offer PostgreSQL . I need
something very reliable..

Thank you
Paul

Re: [GENERAL] Web hosting with PostgreSQL?

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
http://www.hub.org ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [GENERAL] Web hosting with PostgreSQL?

От
Michael Simms
Дата:
I was about to suggest www.joetek.com, but I guess that hub.org MAY give
better postgresql service *grins*

                    M Simms

> http://www.hub.org ...
>
> On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Paul wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a web hosting company that will offer PostgreSQL . I need
> > something very reliable..
> >
> > Thank you
> > Paul
> >
> > ************
> >

> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org
>

> ************

Re: [GENERAL] Web hosting with PostgreSQL?

От
Paul
Дата:
Could you be more specific as to better postgresql service? What would be
the difference? When I went to hub page their site seemed to be extremely
slow. Jotek was pretty fast. How is the service compares in those two firms?

Paul

At 02:43 PM 9/8/1999 , you wrote:
>I was about to suggest www.joetek.com, but I guess that hub.org MAY give
>better postgresql service *grins*
>
>                    M Simms
>
>> http://www.hub.org ...
>>
>> On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Paul wrote:
>>
>> > I am looking for a web hosting company that will offer PostgreSQL . I need
>> > something very reliable..
>> >
>> > Thank you
>> > Paul
>> >
>> > ************
>> >

>> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick:
>Scrappy
>> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
>> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary:
>scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org
>>

>> ************
>>

>************

Re: [GENERAL] Web hosting with PostgreSQL?

От
Michael Simms
Дата:
Well, I was refering to the fact that hub.org has one of the central postgresql
developers (running it I believe). Joetek doesnt {:-)

To be honest I dont know how good hub.org is. I know joetek is good,
(disclaimer, a friend of mine runs it, I make no financial gain from
any mention or referals to it) and it offers postgresql as its
database of choice. You would be best to do some comparisons of prices
and service and the like.

Good luck!

                    M Simms

> Could you be more specific as to better postgresql service? What would be
> the difference? When I went to hub page their site seemed to be extremely
> slow. Jotek was pretty fast. How is the service compares in those two firms?
>
> Paul
>

> At 02:43 PM 9/8/1999 , you wrote:
> >I was about to suggest www.joetek.com, but I guess that hub.org MAY give
> >better postgresql service *grins*
> >
> >                    M Simms
> >
> >> http://www.hub.org ...

> >> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick:
> >Scrappy
> >> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> >> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary:
> >scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org
> >>

> >> ************
> >>

> >************

Re: [GENERAL] Web hosting with PostgreSQL?

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Michael Simms wrote:

> Well, I was refering to the fact that hub.org has one of the central postgresql
> developers (running it I believe). Joetek doesnt {:-)

One better then that...PostgreSQL, Inc and Hub.Org are run from the same
office...*shrug*

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [GENERAL] Web hosting with PostgreSQL?

От
Teodor Cimpoesu
Paul wrote:

> Could you be more specific as to better postgresql service? What would be
> the difference? When I went to hub page their site seemed to be extremely
> slow. Jotek was pretty fast. How is the service compares in those two firms?
>
> Paul
lol, you missed the joke.
Anyway I've just opened the hub [sic] and it took 5s to load completly,
a trace would be:
16  209.190.55.130 (209.190.55.130)  678.789 ms  710.604 ms  753.442 ms
so better "think different" ;)

--
CIMPOESU Teodor, Web Programmer

@ DIGICOM S.A. Bucharest, Romania
@ Internet, site development
@ teo@digiro.net,+(401)-330.47.28

official home page ~ http://www.digiro.net/
Internet  web page ~ http://internet.digiro.net/

Re: [GENERAL] Web hosting with PostgreSQL?

От
The Hermit Hacker

What is 209.190.55.130?  A reverse lookup doesn't get it...

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Teodor Cimpoesu wrote:

> Paul wrote:
> >
> > Could you be more specific as to better postgresql service? What would be
> > the difference? When I went to hub page their site seemed to be extremely
> > slow. Jotek was pretty fast. How is the service compares in those two firms?
> >
> > Paul
> lol, you missed the joke.

And, just in case Paul still didn't get it, or nobody else, for that
matter...

Hub.org == PostgreSQL.Org == PgSQL.Com ...