Обсуждение: Trouble with Innstalling PostGreSQL 6.5.2 on Win NT

Trouble with Innstalling PostGreSQL 6.5.2 on Win NT

От
"Imreet Singh"
Дата:
Hi All,
I have problem in installing Post Gre SQL 6.5.2 on Windows NT. As a
prerequiste (as mentioned in readme.nt in doc directory) I tried to install
Cygwin32 package first but could not do it because it contains lot of unix
system commands
Can anybody please help me with this?

Regards,
Imreet

Re: [GENERAL] Trouble with Innstalling PostGreSQL 6.5.2 on Win NT

От
Kevin Lo
Дата:
Imreet Singh wrote:

> Hi All,

Hi, Imreet,

> I have problem in installing Post Gre SQL 6.5.2 on Windows NT. As a
> prerequiste (as mentioned in readme.nt in doc directory) I tried to install
> Cygwin32 package first but could not do it because it contains lot of unix
> system commands
> Can anybody please help me with this?

I have a web page about installing on WinNT, see:

http://members.tripod.com/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html

> Regards,
> Imreet
>
> ************

Hope this helps,

--
Kevin Lo                Wahoo International Enterprise Co.,Ltd.
kevlo@wahoo.com.tw      http://www.wahoo.com.tw

Re: [GENERAL] Trouble with Innstalling PostGreSQL 6.5.2 on Win NT

От
Jeff Hoffmann
Дата:
on a related note, i've been thinking about trying out postgres on NT,
but i've been hesitant to do so because it seems to be a "just because i
can" port -- maybe not as stable or fast as on a unix system, but neat
to have.  are people actually using it for serious (ie, it needs to be
reliable but not necessarily mission critical) work?

jeff

Re: [GENERAL] Trouble with Innstalling PostGreSQL 6.5.2 on Win NT

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Please see NT Readme on www.postgresql.org web site.

[Charset iso-2022-jp unsupported, skipping...]

Re: [GENERAL] Trouble with Innstalling PostGreSQL 6.5.2 on Win NT

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
> Imreet Singh wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
>
> Hi, Imreet,
>
> > I have problem in installing Post Gre SQL 6.5.2 on Windows NT. As a
> > prerequiste (as mentioned in readme.nt in doc directory) I tried to install
> > Cygwin32 package first but could not do it because it contains lot of unix
> > system commands
> > Can anybody please help me with this?
>
> I have a web page about installing on WinNT, see:
>
> http://members.tripod.com/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html

Added to FAQ.