Обсуждение: Alpha FreeBSD

Alpha FreeBSD

От
nathan@khmere.com
Дата:
Greetings !

I have a question ?

I tried to get postgresql-6.5.3 to compile on my alpha (running FreeBSD
4.0 ) and it would not compile.

Then I tried to get 6.5.2 and that wont work.

Question is: Is thier a postgres that works on Alpha w/FreeBSD 4.0 ?

even an old version is cool.

Thank you

nathan

Re: [GENERAL] Alpha FreeBSD

От
Alfred Perlstein
Дата:
* nathan@khmere.com <nathan@khmere.com> [000211 02:13] wrote:
> Greetings !
>
> I have a question ?
>
> I tried to get postgresql-6.5.3 to compile on my alpha (running FreeBSD
> 4.0 ) and it would not compile.
>
> Then I tried to get 6.5.2 and that wont work.
>
> Question is: Is thier a postgres that works on Alpha w/FreeBSD 4.0 ?
>
> even an old version is cool.
>
> Thank you

It's not very helpful when you don't describe where the compile failed.

I'm sure people are interested in getting this working, but they just
don't have devel boxes to do so.

-Alfred

Re: [GENERAL] Alpha FreeBSD

От
Nathan
Дата:
Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> * nathan@khmere.com <nathan@khmere.com> [000211 02:13] wrote:
> > Greetings !
> >
> > I have a question ?
> >
> > I tried to get postgresql-6.5.3 to compile on my alpha (running FreeBSD
> > 4.0 ) and it would not compile.
> >
> > Then I tried to get 6.5.2 and that wont work.
> >
> > Question is: Is thier a postgres that works on Alpha w/FreeBSD 4.0 ?
> >
> > even an old version is cool.
> >
> > Thank you
>
> It's not very helpful when you don't describe where the compile failed.
>
> I'm sure people are interested in getting this working, but they just
> don't have devel boxes to do so.
>
> -Alfred

Sorry !

Ok as far as the 6.5.3  from the FreeBSD ports dir,  just says "alpha port
is broken " and thats it (It tests to see if the box is alpha )

As far as the 6.5.2 when running the ./configure script tests to see if the
compiler 'gcc' can do -m486 and another intel specific option then it will
error saying "compiler failed, cannot create executable".

Hope that helps....  once again sorry  (It was late and I was tired... )

thank you

nathan

Re: [GENERAL] Alpha FreeBSD

От
Lamar Owen
Nathan wrote:
> Ok as far as the 6.5.3  from the FreeBSD ports dir,  just says "alpha port
> is broken " and thats it (It tests to see if the box is alpha )
>
> As far as the 6.5.2 when running the ./configure script tests to see if the
> compiler 'gcc' can do -m486 and another intel specific option then it will
> error saying "compiler failed, cannot create executable".
>
> Hope that helps....  once again sorry  (It was late and I was tired... )

There are issues with Alpha and 6.5 -- for the RedHat RPMs, Ryan
Kirkpatrick's patches work -- you can grab those patches from my site,
www.ramifordistat.net/postgres/unpacked/non-beta

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: [GENERAL] Alpha FreeBSD

От
Nathan
Дата:
Lamar Owen wrote:

> Nathan wrote:
> > Ok as far as the 6.5.3  from the FreeBSD ports dir,  just says "alpha port
> > is broken " and thats it (It tests to see if the box is alpha )
> >
> > As far as the 6.5.2 when running the ./configure script tests to see if the
> > compiler 'gcc' can do -m486 and another intel specific option then it will
> > error saying "compiler failed, cannot create executable".
> >
> > Hope that helps....  once again sorry  (It was late and I was tired... )
>
> There are issues with Alpha and 6.5 -- for the RedHat RPMs, Ryan
> Kirkpatrick's patches work -- you can grab those patches from my site,
> www.ramifordistat.net/postgres/unpacked/non-beta
>
> --
> Lamar Owen
> WGCR Internet Radio
> 1 Peter 4:11

Thanks but I am running FreeBSD on these boxes.

Do have any patches for FreeBSD 4.0 ? for alpha

nathan

Re: [GENERAL] Alpha FreeBSD

От
Lamar Owen
Nathan wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
> > There are issues with Alpha and 6.5 -- for the RedHat RPMs, Ryan
> > Kirkpatrick's patches work -- you can grab those patches from my site,
> > www.ramifordistat.net/postgres/unpacked/non-beta

> Thanks but I am running FreeBSD on these boxes.

> Do have any patches for FreeBSD 4.0 ? for alpha

Download the Linux Alpha patches and see what you can use, as most of
the patch is platform-independent, IIRC.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio