Обсуждение: Calender

Calender

От
Jeff MacDonald
Дата:
Hey all,

well were designing a postgresql calender as one more thing
to put on the merchandise page. (coffee mugs are ordered, get
yer orders in while they're hot :) )

the image we've chosen is at http://bignose.org/pg/catalogs.gif
its from the docs. i'm going to spiff it up and put the elephant
behind it.

i guess my main question is , "is this complete" or does anything
else need to be added to it before it get's printed ?

Jeff MacDonald
jeff@pgsql.com

 So long as the Universe had a beginning, we can suppose it had a
creator, but if the Universe is completly self contained , having
no boundry or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed
 It would simply be.

Re: [GENERAL] Calender

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
> Hey all,
>
> well were designing a postgresql calender as one more thing
> to put on the merchandise page. (coffee mugs are ordered, get
> yer orders in while they're hot :) )

Already ordered my mug.

I am confused.  How does a calendar use that image?

> the image we've chosen is at http://bignose.org/pg/catalogs.gif
> its from the docs. i'm going to spiff it up and put the elephant
> behind it.
>
> i guess my main question is , "is this complete" or does anything
> else need to be added to it before it get's printed ?

I personally would like someone to make a much more modern looking
diagram, perhaps using xfig which I used for the backend flowchart on
the web page.

Re: [GENERAL] Calender

От
Jeff MacDonald
Дата:
hi,

the calender is a one page (11x17 inch) calender
with an 8x9inch image at the top, bottom is
"jan, feb yadayada"

i'll be "revamping" this in illustrator to make it
look better, right now i just need to know if it is
complete.

or if you know of a better image to use, please
send the url.

jeff

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Hey all,
> >
> > well were designing a postgresql calender as one more thing
> > to put on the merchandise page. (coffee mugs are ordered, get
> > yer orders in while they're hot :) )
>
> Already ordered my mug.
>
> I am confused.  How does a calendar use that image?
>

> > the image we've chosen is at http://bignose.org/pg/catalogs.gif
> > its from the docs. i'm going to spiff it up and put the elephant
> > behind it.
> >
> > i guess my main question is , "is this complete" or does anything
> > else need to be added to it before it get's printed ?
>
> I personally would like someone to make a much more modern looking
> diagram, perhaps using xfig which I used for the backend flowchart on
> the web page.
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle

Jeff MacDonald
jeff@pgsql.com

Re: [GENERAL] Calender

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Hey all,
> >
> > well were designing a postgresql calender as one more thing
> > to put on the merchandise page. (coffee mugs are ordered, get
> > yer orders in while they're hot :) )
>
> Already ordered my mug.
>
> I am confused.  How does a calendar use that image?
>

> > the image we've chosen is at http://bignose.org/pg/catalogs.gif
> > its from the docs. i'm going to spiff it up and put the elephant
> > behind it.
> >
> > i guess my main question is , "is this complete" or does anything
> > else need to be added to it before it get's printed ?
>
> I personally would like someone to make a much more modern looking
> diagram, perhaps using xfig which I used for the backend flowchart on
> the web page.

damn, I just re-looked at that page ... reminds me of an electronics
course I took in University way back ... :)  how would one make a more
modern looking version?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [GENERAL] Calender

От
Lincoln Yeoh
Дата:
At 03:28 PM 21-02-2000 -0400, Jeff MacDonald wrote:

>the image we've chosen is at http://bignose.org/pg/catalogs.gif
>its from the docs. i'm going to spiff it up and put the elephant
>behind it.

Might look better with the elephant in front of it ;). Looks like a lot of
spiffing up to do..

How about an Elephant, Penguin and Little Red BSDaemon dancing under a
Solaris Sun ;) ? Hehe. Hmm what other logos...

Cheerio,

Link.

Re: [GENERAL] Calender

От
Jeff MacDonald
Дата:
Um , we're trying to push postgres here :)

i was thinking the diagram with "spiffier arrrows"
and some drop shadows with a "ligntened elephant" behind

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:

> At 03:28 PM 21-02-2000 -0400, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
>
> >the image we've chosen is at http://bignose.org/pg/catalogs.gif
> >its from the docs. i'm going to spiff it up and put the elephant
> >behind it.
>
> Might look better with the elephant in front of it ;). Looks like a lot of
> spiffing up to do..
>
> How about an Elephant, Penguin and Little Red BSDaemon dancing under a
> Solaris Sun ;) ? Hehe. Hmm what other logos...
>
> Cheerio,
>
> Link.

Jeff MacDonald
jeff@pgsql.com

Re: [GENERAL] Calender

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
You know, you may be better off just choosing a few table like pg_class,
pg_attribute, and pg_type, and pg_proc and showing those in a fancy
manner.

> Um , we're trying to push postgres here :)
>
> i was thinking the diagram with "spiffier arrrows"
> and some drop shadows with a "ligntened elephant" behind
>
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:
>
> > At 03:28 PM 21-02-2000 -0400, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
> >
> > >the image we've chosen is at http://bignose.org/pg/catalogs.gif
> > >its from the docs. i'm going to spiff it up and put the elephant
> > >behind it.
> >
> > Might look better with the elephant in front of it ;). Looks like a lot of
> > spiffing up to do..
> >
> > How about an Elephant, Penguin and Little Red BSDaemon dancing under a
> > Solaris Sun ;) ? Hehe. Hmm what other logos...
> >
> > Cheerio,
> >
> > Link.
> >

> Jeff MacDonald
> jeff@pgsql.com
>

> ************

Re: [GENERAL] Calender

От
Jeff MacDonald
Дата:
that's also a good idea.

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> You know, you may be better off just choosing a few table like pg_class,
> pg_attribute, and pg_type, and pg_proc and showing those in a fancy
> manner.
>

> > Um , we're trying to push postgres here :)
> >
> > i was thinking the diagram with "spiffier arrrows"
> > and some drop shadows with a "ligntened elephant" behind

> > > Might look better with the elephant in front of it ;). Looks like a lot of
> > > spiffing up to do..
> > >
> > > How about an Elephant, Penguin and Little Red BSDaemon dancing under a
> > > Solaris Sun ;) ? Hehe. Hmm what other logos...
> > >
> > > Cheerio,
> > >
> > > Link.
> > >

> > Jeff MacDonald
> > jeff@pgsql.com
> >

> > ************
> >

> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>
> ************

Jeff MacDonald
jeff@pgsql.com

Re: [GENERAL] Calender

От
Lincoln Yeoh
Дата:
At 11:39 AM 22-02-2000 -0400, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
>Um , we're trying to push postgres here :)

Yah, but I just couldn't resist..

How about a picture of the Postgres People pushing elephants in various
ways ;).

Link.

p.s. Any sign of the stuffed toy elephant? It's got to be cute tho, e.g.
bright big black eyes, big head, cute little trunk, wearing nice little
Postgres t-shirt, that kind of thing. And not too expensive....

Re: [GENERAL] Calender

От
Louis Bertrand
Дата:
My wife's mom makes stuffed teddy bears. I've been working on convincing
her that software-inspired stuffed toys would be cool (*BSD daemons, and
now maybe elephants). The first few will be experimental and probably
pricey, assuming I can convince her that it's cool.

Ciao
 --Louis  <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>

Louis Bertrand       http://www.bertrandtech.on.ca/
Bertrand Technical Services, Bowmanville, ON, Canada

OpenBSD: Secure by default.  http://www.openbsd.org/

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:

> p.s. Any sign of the stuffed toy elephant? It's got to be cute tho, e.g.
> bright big black eyes, big head, cute little trunk, wearing nice little
> Postgres t-shirt, that kind of thing. And not too expensive....

Re: [GENERAL] Calender

От
Jeff MacDonald
Дата:
people pushing elphants ? i say hell with that, we should just buy
2 elphants, breed them and tatoo "PostgreSQL" on the calfs and sell'em.

re: stuffed elephant, supppliers haven't found anything yet, and they
said that these would probably be quite pricy.

jeff

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:

> At 11:39 AM 22-02-2000 -0400, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
> >Um , we're trying to push postgres here :)
>
> Yah, but I just couldn't resist..
>
> How about a picture of the Postgres People pushing elephants in various
> ways ;).
>
> Link.
>
> p.s. Any sign of the stuffed toy elephant? It's got to be cute tho, e.g.
> bright big black eyes, big head, cute little trunk, wearing nice little
> Postgres t-shirt, that kind of thing. And not too expensive....

Jeff MacDonald
jeff@pgsql.com

Re: [GENERAL] Calender

От
Lincoln Yeoh
Дата:
At 01:29 AM 23-02-2000 -0400, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
>people pushing elphants ? i say hell with that, we should just buy
>2 elphants, breed them and tatoo "PostgreSQL" on the calfs and sell'em.

Hehe :). We'll call the parents Postmaster and Postmistress. Talk about
spawning child processes ;). Come to think of it, the mom should be
Postmaster and maybe the dad psql. Well the dad could be Apache as well :).
Multiple dads allowed but only a single Madam Postmaster.

>re: stuffed elephant, supppliers haven't found anything yet, and they
>said that these would probably be quite pricy.

Awww.

I recently bought myself an Opus Penguin stuffed toy, and it was about RM10
(USD2.50 ). Looked strictly legal too - with all the various copyright
labels, plus even warnings to remove tags/clips in case children choke on
them.

But of course the manufacturing run for Opus will probably be a lot bigger
than for a Postgres stuffed elephant. So... :(

Maybe I'll just look for a Dumbo stuffed toy, do an ear reduction (both ;)
), and make a mini postgres T-shirt for it.

Cheerio,

Link.