Обсуждение: Unsupported frontend protocol? & config systems files?

Unsupported frontend protocol? & config systems files?

От
"Romain Giry"
Дата:
When I try to use postgres 6.5 from a client that is not logged on the localhost. I get this :
Connection to database 'mydb' failed
Unsupported frontend protocol.

I've seen the same problem in a previous mail but the error may not come from the postmaster, that is not enough recent because I've installed the postmaster and the pgsql server from the same CD (red-hat 6.0).
Maybe it comes from the files that allow access to people for logging on from a distant computer, please can somebody tells me which are these files and what should be modified on them.
And if you have any other idea to solve my problem, thank you very much for answering me.

Sorry for my english, I am a french student...

PGAccess

От
David Warren
Дата:
I am having problems with pgaccess on my X windows. I am using redhat
linux 6.1
postgresql 6.5.2.  When I open pgaccess and connect to my databases I
get my list of tables. When I click on any table to open up the data, it
just sits there with that little clock icon. After a long will, it will
spit out an error. Has anyon ever ran into this type of problem and most
importantly, how do you fix it? I can access everything fine with psql
and jdbc, this is the only tool that gives me any problems.

David Warren
techexec@shreve.net

Re: Unsupported frontend protocol? & config systems files?

От
Charles Tassell
Дата:
You should take a look at the pg_hba.conf file in the PG_DATA dir.  You
probably either don't have an entry for the machine you are using to
connect from or you haven't started with the -i option to enable TCP/IP
connections.

Also, it would help to know what the client is (PHP, a C program compiled
with libpq, a PERL program using DBI, psql....)