Обсуждение: Read Only from ODBC

Read Only from ODBC

От
"SUDDN"
Дата:
I downloaded the ODBC driver for postgres and installed it on my Win98
Client.  I'm writing a Visual Basic program that accesses the PostgreSQL
server on my Linux box.  It can read the data fine but It won't write data.
I get a read only error when I try.

I have unchecked the read only checkbox in the ODBC setup.  Also another
program (not written by me.) can write to the database using the ODBC
driver.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

How to unsubscribe from this mailinglist?

От
"Robert Esser"
Дата:
Can anybody give me an advice?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Robert Esser
mit Consulting München
no_spam_mit_consulting@gmx.de (please remove no_spam_)

Re: Read Only from ODBC

От
"James R. R. Service"
SUDDN wrote:

> I downloaded the ODBC driver for postgres and installed it on my Win98
> Client.  I'm writing a Visual Basic program that accesses the PostgreSQL
> server on my Linux box.  It can read the data fine but It won't write data.
> I get a read only error when I try.
>
> I have unchecked the read only checkbox in the ODBC setup.  Also another
> program (not written by me.) can write to the database using the ODBC
> driver.
>
> Any Ideas?

Did you check the log files the ODBC driver writes, usually in C:\?  I
have sometimes found a Postgres error there.

--
James (Jim) R.R. Service        jservice at yahoo dot com