Обсуждение: Re: search.cgi not found on ur site

Re: search.cgi not found on ur site

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Tue, 16 May 2000, siva wrote:

> hello,
>
> i'm a web server administrator of clickcricket.com, i was tried to get some information on postgres database tools,
wheni clicked search postgres link; it was given me a search.cgi not found error. pls. check this minor mistakes from
themajor site of postgres.

We had a disk crash and we're still finding things missing or in the wrong
place.  Thanks!

> and i also wants to know how to find and delete duplicate values from postgres database(primary key not defined). and
idont wants to go thru. any other books or reference . give me the correct syntax :

> my table name is : cricktimes2
> and the field name to be sorted is : email

I'm CCing this one to the general mailing list.

Vince.
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking

Re: Re: search.cgi not found on ur site

От
Ron Peterson
Дата:
> On Tue, 16 May 2000, siva wrote:

> > and i also wants to know how to find and delete duplicate values from postgres database(primary key not defined).
andi dont wants to go thru. any other books or reference . give me the correct syntax :

The correct syntax for writing a sentence is to capitalize the first
letter of the first word.  End the sentence with a period immediately
following the last word.  There should be no space between the word
preceding a colon and the colon, either.  The first person singular 'I'
should also be capitalized.  The proper spelling is "PostgreSQL", not
"postgres"; and  "through", not "thru".  For example:

"I don't want to go through any other books or reference material."

rather than:

". and i dont wants to go thru. any other books or reference ."

I'd suggest you reconsider your stance against fancy book-learning.
You'll have to spend an awfully lot of time on the discussion forums to
find out everything you need to know about running PostgreSQL, if you
don't do any of your own homework.

You might begin by examining the use of SELECT DISTINCT.

-Ron-