Обсуждение: Anonymous CVS fails

Anonymous CVS fails

От
Gunnar R|nning
Дата:
Hello,

I'm not sure if this the right address for these kind of reports, but...

I've been following the instructions for anonymous cvs access on the
postgresql site and I'm using the password "postgresql" as described in the
document http://www.postgresql.org/docs/programmer/cvs8365.htm.

My CVS version is 1.10.6 running on Redhat 6.1.

Here is the sample session I run :

[gunnar@balder src]$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot login
(Logging in to anoncvs@postgresql.org)
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server postgresql.org rejected access

regards,

    Gunnar

Re: Anonymous CVS fails

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
needs to be changed on teh web site, but CVSROOT should be set to:

/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot

instead of:

/usr/local/cvsroot

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Gunnar R|nning wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure if this the right address for these kind of reports, but...
>
> I've been following the instructions for anonymous cvs access on the
> postgresql site and I'm using the password "postgresql" as described in the
> document http://www.postgresql.org/docs/programmer/cvs8365.htm.
>
> My CVS version is 1.10.6 running on Redhat 6.1.
>
> Here is the sample session I run :
>
> [gunnar@balder src]$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot login
> (Logging in to anoncvs@postgresql.org)
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server postgresql.org rejected access
>

> regards,
>
>     Gunnar

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: Anonymous CVS fails

От
Bruce Momjian

> needs to be changed on teh web site, but CVSROOT should be set to:
>
> /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
>
> instead of:
>
> /usr/local/cvsroot

Do you see the old one on the web site?

Re: Anonymous CVS fails

От
Gunnar R|nning
Дата:

> Do you see the old one on the web site?

Yes, this document could need an update to reflect the new location :

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/programmer/cvs8365.htm

regards,

    Gunnar

Re: Anonymous CVS fails

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Mon, 29 May 2000, Gunnar R|nning wrote:
> > Do you see the old one on the web site?

> Yes, this document could need an update to reflect the new location :
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/programmer/cvs8365.htm

Maybe putting instructions to change the stored CVSROOT would be nice: ie,
"edit the 'root' file under the 'CVS' directory in your update tree to the new
location, then perform the same edit on the '.cvspass' file in your home
directory" would be useful.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio