Обсуждение: New behavior in 7.0

New behavior in 7.0

От
"Robert J. Sprawls"
Дата:
Hello,
    I've worked with 6.5.3 and few other older versions. I've never
had this happen before. Can some one give some explaination?

Script started on Tue May 30 01:11:29 2000
bash-2.03$ psql -d sprawlsr -c "vacuum"
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_type" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_attribute" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_proc" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_class" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_indexes" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_group" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_database" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_attrdef" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_relcheck" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_trigger" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_inherits" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_index" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_statistic" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_operator" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_opclass" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_am" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_amop" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_amproc" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_language" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_aggregate" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_ipl" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_inheritproc" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_rewrite" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_listener" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_description" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_shadow" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_user" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_rules" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_views" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_tables" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
VACUUM
bash-2.03$ exit
exit

Script done on Tue May 30 01:11:47 2000

Thanks,
Robert

Re: New behavior in 7.0

Дата:
"Robert J. Sprawls" <sprawlsr@worldnet.att.net> writes:
> NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_type" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
> NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_attribute" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
> [ etc ]

That's what you'll get if you run the vacuum as an unprivileged user.
Generally speaking, database-wide vacuums ought to be done as the
postgres superuser.

            regards, tom lane

Re: New behavior in 7.0

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On Tue, 30 May 2000, Robert J. Sprawls wrote:

>     I've worked with 6.5.3 and few other older versions. I've never
> had this happen before. Can some one give some explaination?

> bash-2.03$ psql -d sprawlsr -c "vacuum"
> NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_type" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
[more of that]
> NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_tables" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
> VACUUM

Uh, only table owners can vacuum tables, so you have to be the superuser
to run a complete vacuum on a database. Try psql's -U option to set the
user.