Обсуждение: Quoting routines in libpq

Quoting routines in libpq

От
Denis Perchine
Дата:
Hello,

Just a small question: why there is not any quoting routine in libpq.
This is very handy to have one. And also it is quite hard always
write quoting routing for database if you want to have cross database code.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

----------------------------------
E-Mail: dyp@perchine.com
HomePage: http://www.perchine.com/dyp/
FidoNet: 2:5000/120.5
----------------------------------

Re: Quoting routines in libpq

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Denis Perchine writes:

> Just a small question: why there is not any quoting routine in libpq.

Can you give an example of what it should do?

Re: Quoting routines in libpq

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Denis Perchine writes:
>
> > Just a small question: why there is not any quoting routine in libpq.
>
> Can you give an example of what it should do?

Just as a guess, something that parses a string and escapes single quotes,
backslashes and stuff like that.  I rolled my own for apps that I worked
on that needed one, lately I've been using PHP which has such a function
and a reversing function.

Vince.
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking

Re: Quoting routines in libpq

От
Denis Perchine
Дата:
> > > Just a small question: why there is not any quoting routine in libpq.
> >
> > Can you give an example of what it should do?
>
> Just as a guess, something that parses a string and escapes single quotes,
> backslashes and stuff like that.  I rolled my own for apps that I worked
> on that needed one, lately I've been using PHP which has such a function
> and a reversing function.

You are perfectly right!!! :-)))) Problem is that for each database you should escape
their own set of chars. And also there are lots of escaping types. Like some DBs
prefer to escape single quote as two single quotes, some as slash and single quote.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine