Обсуждение: phpPgAdmin

phpPgAdmin

От
danyele
Дата:
Hi,

Brett  and Ron  said to me to rebuild php with the --with-pgsql option
in the configuration step.

I've already did  what you recommend but  another warning is appearing!

Warning: Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: FATAL 1: SetUserId:
user 'password=' is not in 'pg_shadow' in lib.inc.php on line 121
Error - /www/servers/phpPgAdmin/index.php

do u know what is it?

Thanx

Dany

Re: phpPgAdmin

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 10:14:13AM -0200, danyele wrote:

> Warning: Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: FATAL 1: SetUserId:
> user 'password=' is not in 'pg_shadow' in lib.inc.php on line 121
> Error - /www/servers/phpPgAdmin/index.php

Yes.  You've passed the username and password incorrectly
(specifically, it thinks you are logging in as user 'password=',
which seems an unlikely username).

The format for connect is

pg_Connect("host=[hostname] port=[portno] dbname=[databasename]
    user=[usename] password=[password]");

You may want to use persistent connections, also.

There is extensive documentation (not all of it a model of clarity,
but if I can understand it, I'm sure anyone can) at
<http://www.php.net>.

Andrew Sullivan                                      Computer Services
<sullivana@bpl.on.ca>                        Burlington Public Library
+1 905 639 3611 x158                                   2331 New Street
                                   Burlington, Ontario, Canada L7R 1J4

Re: phpPgAdmin

От
bmccoy@chapelperilous.net
Дата:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, danyele wrote:

> Brett  and Ron  said to me to rebuild php with the --with-pgsql option
> in the configuration step.
>
> I've already did  what you recommend but  another warning is appearing!
>
> Warning: Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: FATAL 1: SetUserId:
> user 'password=' is not in 'pg_shadow' in lib.inc.php on line 121
> Error - /www/servers/phpPgAdmin/index.php
>
> do u know what is it?

pg_shadow is part of the authentication PostgreSQL uses.  It's looking for
a user called 'password=' which obviously doesn't exist -- perhaps your
connection string is not formed correctly?

Brett W. McCoy
                                              http://www.chapelperilous.net
Space tells matter how to move and matter tells space how to curve.
        -- Wheeler

Re: phpPgAdmin

От
"K Parker"
Дата:
>You may want to use persistent connections, also.

Almost certainly you don't.  The discussion sites are full of complaints that it doesn't work properly.  There is a
tendencyfor the connections to not get reused, but not released, either, such that you quickly run out of connections.
Thisis with mod_php, of course; if you're running PHP as a CGI then persistent connections don't hurt (nor help,
obviously,since the process exits after doing its thing.)

Re: phpPgAdmin

От
Victor Ivanov
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 10:14:13AM -0200, danyele wrote:
> Warning: Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: FATAL 1: SetUserId:
> user 'password=' is not in 'pg_shadow' in lib.inc.php on line 121
> Error - /www/servers/phpPgAdmin/index.php

What is on line 121 in lib.inc.php?
It seems you haven't specified user and password for the connect string

--
Players win and Winners play
Have a lucky day

Вложения

Security/permissions

От
Robert Vogt IV
Дата:
    To all,

    I can't figure out how to provide access controls to individual
database files/regulate 'user's access to adding tables, etc...  The
documentation says 'Someone needs to write this section.'  Help!!!

            -Robert