Обсуждение: postgresql to mysql conversion?

postgresql to mysql conversion?

От
z.nijmeyers@cable.a2000.nl
Дата:
hi,

seen all the mysql to postgresql conversion tools,
and I'm looking for a postgresql db to mysql db converter.

(clients are bound to mysql because of the hosting provider
and I will not stand down and develop in mysql)

Tinus.

Re: postgresql to mysql conversion?

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 z.nijmeyers@cable.a2000.nl wrote:

> hi,
>
> seen all the mysql to postgresql conversion tools,
> and I'm looking for a postgresql db to mysql db converter.
>
> (clients are bound to mysql because of the hosting provider
> and I will not stand down and develop in mysql)

move clients to a more modern hosting provider? :)

Re: postgresql to mysql conversion?

От
z.nijmeyers@cable.a2000.nl
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 01:53:29PM +0200, Marko Kreen wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 10:50:49AM +0100, z.nijmeyers@cable.a2000.nl wrote:
> > seen all the mysql to postgresql conversion tools,
> > and I'm looking for a postgresql db to mysql db converter.
> Quite naturally you should look that in MySQL oriented forums ;)
> marko

true, but have you ever read those?
I'd rather have a tool by a postgresql user than by a mysql user. :-)

Tinus.

Re: postgresql to mysql conversion?

От
Marko Kreen
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 01:03:12PM +0100, z.nijmeyers@cable.a2000.nl wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 01:53:29PM +0200, Marko Kreen wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 10:50:49AM +0100, z.nijmeyers@cable.a2000.nl wrote:
> > > seen all the mysql to postgresql conversion tools,
> > > and I'm looking for a postgresql db to mysql db converter.
> > Quite naturally you should look that in MySQL oriented forums ;)
>
> true, but have you ever read those?

Oh.  So they arent like PostgreSQL forums, only s/Postgre/My/g ?

*grin*

> I'd rather have a tool by a postgresql user than by a mysql user. :-)

Whatever way you look you need MySQL expertise...

--
marko

Re: postgresql to mysql conversion?

От
Marko Kreen
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 10:50:49AM +0100, z.nijmeyers@cable.a2000.nl wrote:
> seen all the mysql to postgresql conversion tools,
> and I'm looking for a postgresql db to mysql db converter.

Quite naturally you should look that in MySQL oriented forums ;)

--
marko

Re: postgresql to mysql conversion?

От
jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Дата:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
>On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 z.nijmeyers@cable.a2000.nl wrote:
>> (clients are bound to mysql because of the hosting provider and I will
>> not stand down and develop in mysql)
>
>move clients to a more modern hosting provider? :)

My employer offers PostgreSQL hosting, as do several other Dutch ISPs I'd
guess.

Ray
--
Friends don't send friends HTML email
    Declan McCullagh on the "features" of Javascript in email,

Re: postgresql to mysql conversion?

От
gravity
Дата: