Обсуждение: personel appliactions?

personel appliactions?

От
"Stan Brown"
Дата:
I have been suing PostgreSQL quite happily in projects for several years
now.

Now, I am thinking about actually using the computers at home for something
useful (what a concept :-)).

So, I was wandering if anyone knows wehre I could find a few small
applicationsUsing PostgreSQL as abckaends? I'm looking for.

1. CD/Music lirary management.
2. Library (books) management.
3. Household inventory/shoping list applications.
4. Calorie intake application.

Any sugestions?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.

Re: personel appliactions?

От
Joel Burton
Дата:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Stan Brown wrote:

> I have been suing PostgreSQL quite happily in projects for several years
> now.
>
> Now, I am thinking about actually using the computers at home for something
> useful (what a concept :-)).
>
> So, I was wandering if anyone knows wehre I could find a few small
> applicationsUsing PostgreSQL as abckaends? I'm looking for.
>
> 1. CD/Music lirary management.
> 2. Library (books) management.
> 3. Household inventory/shoping list applications.
> 4. Calorie intake application.

Check www.freshmeat.net; apps like this would be posted there.

You may find some apps w/only a MySQL version; if so, consider doing the
translation to PostgreSQL -- in most cases, little/no change in code is
neccessary (especially if the author is using Perl or Python, which tend
to have more abstracted DB interfaces than PHP); usually all that's needed
is just to edit the SQL statements to create/select/etc. from the schema.

If there is a calorie intake application, please don't tell me about it
;-)

Good luck!

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>

Re: personel appliactions?

От
will trillich
Дата:
On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 01:42:13PM -0400, Stan Brown wrote:
> I have been suing PostgreSQL quite happily in projects for
> several years now.

i have the smae porbelm -- you might wnat to solw down wehn you
tyep your email msesaegs.

Suing is quite different from Using.

:)

--
americans should never read anything so subversive as what's at
http://www.salon.com/people/col/pagl/2001/03/21/spring/index1.html

will@serensoft.com

Re: personel appliactions?

От
Alessio Bragadini
Дата:

gmmusic <http://homepages.compuserve.de/ChALorenz/prog/gmmusic.en.html>

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"
        -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925