Обсуждение: RPM won't install

RPM won't install

От
Doug Ostgard
Дата:
I'm running Mandrake 7.2 and trying to upgrade postgresql to 7.1.  The
installed version has the timestamp bug, so I must upgrade.  RPM install
said I needed libc.so.6, which is on my system.  So I installed rpm with
--nodeps to force it to install.  However, running Postgresql complains
that libc.so.6 is incorrect version, and requires "GLIBC_2.2".  I
installed from the RedHat 7.1 RPM binary.  Any suggestions as to what is
going on?

Help would be GREATLY appreciated, as I am on a time crunch on this.
Anybody know what version postgresql is in Mandrake 8.0?  Maybe I should
just upgrade my server now.

- doug
doug@gaa.to

Re: RPM won't install

От
teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Дата:
Doug Ostgard <do@lvcm.com> writes:

> I'm running Mandrake 7.2 and trying to upgrade postgresql to 7.1.  The
> installed version has the timestamp bug, so I must upgrade.  RPM install
> said I needed libc.so.6, which is on my system.  So I installed rpm with
> --nodeps to force it to install.  However, running Postgresql complains
> that libc.so.6 is incorrect version, and requires "GLIBC_2.2".  I
> installed from the RedHat 7.1 RPM binary.

Mandrake 7.x maps to Red Hat Linux 6.x, and is not compatible with Red
Hat Linux 7.x. Their 8.0 is the first of their releases using the Red
Hat Linux 7.x components, like glibc 2.2.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.