Обсуждение: != or <>

!= or <>

От
Martín Marqués
Дата:
I know this has been posted, put I cant find it with the search feature of
the web site of Postgresql.org.
Which is the best approach to put in a check constraint
    col <> something
    col != something
?

Saludos... :-)

--
El mejor sistema operativo es aquel que te da de comer.
Cuida tu dieta.

Re: != or <>

Дата:
=?iso-8859-1?q?Mart=EDn=20Marqu=E9s?= <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar> writes:
> Which is the best approach to put in a check constraint
>     col <> something
>     col != something
> ?

There's really no difference ... although <> is the
SQL-standard-approved spelling, if that matters to you.

            regards, tom lane

Re: != or <>

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Martín Marqués writes:

> Which is the best approach to put in a check constraint
>     col <> something
>     col != something

<> is SQL, != is, er, AT&T?

Re: != or <>

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Martín Marqués writes:
>
> > Which is the best approach to put in a check constraint
> >  col <> something
> >  col != something
>
> <> is SQL, != is, er, AT&T?

    IIRC,  AT&T  is  a modem test command. Do modems recognize !=
    too?

Jan