Обсуждение: 7.0.2 backend churning out messages

7.0.2 backend churning out messages

От
"Kurt Miller"
Дата:
I am having a problem with the zillions of:

pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe
FATAL: pq_endmessage failed: errno=32

messages being generated.

What causes this?
How can it be prevented?

-km

Re: 7.0.2 backend churning out messages

Дата:
"Kurt Miller" <medixcon@pacbell.net> writes:
> I am having a problem with the zillions of:
> pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe

Clients disconnecting prematurely, perhaps?

            regards, tom lane

Re: 7.0.2 backend churning out messages

От
"Kurt Miller"
Дата:
Is there any way to prevent this?  It seems if I have one client
disconnecting prematurely it can bring the whole system to its knees.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Is this also the same for 7.1?

thanks, kurt miller

"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in message
> "Kurt Miller" <medixcon@pacbell.net> writes:
> > I am having a problem with the zillions of:
> > pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe
>
> Clients disconnecting prematurely, perhaps?
>
> regards, tom lane

Re: Re: 7.0.2 backend churning out messages

Дата:
"Kurt Miller" <medixcon@pacbell.net> writes:
> Is there any way to prevent this?  It seems if I have one client
> disconnecting prematurely it can bring the whole system to its knees.

To its knees?  The "broken pipe" messages themselves are completely
harmless.  If you're seeing operational difficulties other than the
appearance of those log messages, then you need to be more specific
about your problem.

            regards, tom lane