Обсуждение: initdb doesn't work with cygwin 1.3.1?

initdb doesn't work with cygwin 1.3.1?

От
"Iwan van der Kleyn"
Дата:
Hi there,

PostgreSQL 7.1 now is part of the Cygwin "Unix on Win32" Toolkit. A terrific
development, because it takes away lots of fuss trying to get Postgres to
work on Win2000.

However, when running "initdb" the script hangs, without any indication of
an error. Therefore I don't have a data-dir to run postmaster with.
Did anyone encounter this problem? And if so, what is the solution.

Regards,

Iwan

Re: initdb doesn't work with cygwin 1.3.1?

От
"Eric G. Miller"
Дата:
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 01:50:45PM +0200, Iwan van der Kleyn wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> PostgreSQL 7.1 now is part of the Cygwin "Unix on Win32" Toolkit. A terrific
> development, because it takes away lots of fuss trying to get Postgres to
> work on Win2000.
>
> However, when running "initdb" the script hangs, without any indication of
> an error. Therefore I don't have a data-dir to run postmaster with.
> Did anyone encounter this problem? And if so, what is the solution.

I just set such a thing up.  Make sure ipc-daemon.exe is running first
and either export PGDATA or use the "-D /path/to/data" directive.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>