Обсуждение: IpcMemoryCreate

IpcMemoryCreate

От
Joakim Bomelin
Дата:
In Solaris 8, I get "IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1236992,
03600) failed: Invalid argument" when I try to start postmaster. I can
see that I don't have enough shared memory, and that I should change the
SHMMAX parameter in the kernel.
I'm not really up for recompiling the kernel, since I'm kinda new to
Solaris. Is there any other way to get rid of this error? I hope so :)

--
Joakim Bomelin
Gröna Verket AB

Re: IpcMemoryCreate

От
Feite Brekeveld
Дата:
Joakim Bomelin wrote:

> In Solaris 8, I get "IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1236992,
> 03600) failed: Invalid argument" when I try to start postmaster. I can
> see that I don't have enough shared memory, and that I should change the
> SHMMAX parameter in the kernel.
> I'm not really up for recompiling the kernel, since I'm kinda new to
> Solaris. Is there any other way to get rid of this error? I hope so :)

Solaris has a dynamic kernel, so you don't have to rebuild.

You can edit the file :

/etc/system
* Oracle shared memory
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=250
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767

these are some parameters from a solaris machine on which we run Oracle.

Regards,

Feite

> --
> Joakim Bomelin
> Gröna Verket AB
> 040-691 91 36

Feite Brekeveld
feite.brekeveld@osiris-it.nl
http://www.osiris-it.nl

Re: IpcMemoryCreate

От
Feite Brekeveld
Дата:
Joakim Bomelin wrote:

> In Solaris 8, I get "IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1236992,
> 03600) failed: Invalid argument" when I try to start postmaster. I can
> see that I don't have enough shared memory, and that I should change the
> SHMMAX parameter in the kernel.
> I'm not really up for recompiling the kernel, since I'm kinda new to
> Solaris. Is there any other way to get rid of this error? I hope so :)

You can also bring down the number of allowed simultanous connection using
for instance -N 16 -B 32 at the commandline of the postmaster.

I have experienced the same thing on our Sun, this worked fine and is no
problem if you don't need that much connections.

Feite