Обсуждение: fmgr_info: function 2714160: cache lookup failed

fmgr_info: function 2714160: cache lookup failed

От
Steve Wampler
Дата:
Can someone explain to me what this error is and how to avoid it?
(Results from an INSERT through JDBC on 7.1.2 with RH Linux).

Thanks!
--
Steve Wampler-  SOLIS Project, National Solar Observatory
swampler@noao.edu

Re: fmgr_info: function 2714160: cache lookup failed

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Steve Wampler wrote:

> Can someone explain to me what this error is and how to avoid it?
> (Results from an INSERT through JDBC on 7.1.2 with RH Linux).

    You  must  have  droppend  a  function that was referenced by
    another  object   (view,   operator,   aggregate,   whatnot).
    Recreating  the  function  only doesn't help, because they're
    referenced  by  OID.  You  have  to  drop  and  recreate  all
    dependant objects as well.

Jan

PS: No, Bruce, I don't start on pg_depend right now :-)

Jan Wieck wrote:

> Steve Wampler wrote:
> >
> > Can someone explain to me what this error is and how to avoid it?
> > (Results from an INSERT through JDBC on 7.1.2 with RH Linux).
>
>     You  must  have  droppend  a  function that was referenced by
>     another  object   (view,   operator,   aggregate,   whatnot).
>     Recreating  the  function  only doesn't help, because they're
>     referenced  by  OID.  You  have  to  drop  and  recreate  all
>     dependant objects as well.

Thanks! I think I see how I managed to do that.