Обсуждение: More info needed on TEXT data type

More info needed on TEXT data type

От
Chris Bitmead
Дата:
I want to store binary data, but I don't
want to use large objects. Can TEXT type
store binary data, if not precisely what
range of characters can be stored in it?
Is there any other data type that would
be better to use?

Re: More info needed on TEXT data type

От
Ricardo Caesar Lenzi
Дата:
Chris Bitmead wrote:

> I want to store binary data, but I don't
> want to use large objects. Can TEXT type
> store binary data, if not precisely what
> range of characters can be stored in it?
> Is there any other data type that would
> be better to use?

To store binary data, you should use Large Objects, and store in table
just the large object oid. For more information about Large Objects see:
http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/programmer/largeobjects.html