Обсуждение: Fieldname size ??

Fieldname size ??

От
"J. 'FIK' Brand"
Дата:
I'm in the process of converting a database from MS to Postgres. In the database there is a table that as fieldnames that are longer that 32 characters. I can't change the client software.

The problem is that Postgres does't support fieldnames that are long, is it possible to compile Postgres with fieldnames that can be 64 characters ??

Jurgen

Re: Fieldname size ??

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, J. 'FIK' Brand wrote:

> I'm in the process of converting a database from MS to Postgres. In
> the database there is a table that as fieldnames that are longer that
> 32 characters. I can't change the client software.
>
> The problem is that Postgres does't support fieldnames that are long,
> is it possible to compile Postgres with fieldnames that can be 64
> characters ??

I believe if you change NAMEDATALEN (postgres_ext.h) you can change
the maximum length.  I think you may need to initdb with the new settings.