Обсуждение: Perl or PHP DB Access?

Perl or PHP DB Access?

От
"p s"
Дата:
I did a search in the subjects for perl or php and only found one, asking if
there was a php book . . . .  What I'm trying to find is either a Perl or
PHP way to connect to and access a postgres database.  If there were some
simple examples somewhere I would really appreciate finding them.  I want to
look into web based Postgres database applications.
Thanks very much for your help.
Paul

Re: Perl or PHP DB Access?

От
Chris
Дата:
My site might be able to help you:
http://pgsql.designmagick.com/

There's a fair bit of (hopefully) useful info on using PostgreSQL and PHP :)

> I did a search in the subjects for perl or php and only found one, asking if
> there was a php book . . . .  What I'm trying to find is either a Perl or
> PHP way to connect to and access a postgres database.  If there were some
> simple examples somewhere I would really appreciate finding them.  I want to
> look into web based Postgres database applications.
> Thanks very much for your help.
> Paul

> -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Re: Perl or PHP DB Access?

От
"Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos"
Дата:
http://pgsql.designmagick.com/tutorial.php

cheers,
--thalis

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, p s wrote:

> I did a search in the subjects for perl or php and only found one, asking if
> there was a php book . . . .  What I'm trying to find is either a Perl or
> PHP way to connect to and access a postgres database.  If there were some
> simple examples somewhere I would really appreciate finding them.  I want to
> look into web based Postgres database applications.
> Thanks very much for your help.
> Paul

> -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Re: Perl or PHP DB Access?

От
Ulrich Wisser
Дата:
Hi Paul,

for Perl always look at CPAN http://www.cpan.org
The DBI and DBD::Pg will be your friends. Actually
DBI is easy to use and DBD::Pg (DBI Database connector
to Postgres) works flawless.

Regards

Ulli

Re: Perl or PHP DB Access?

От
Holger Marzen
Дата:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, p s wrote:

> I did a search in the subjects for perl or php and only found one,
> asking if there was a php book . . . .  What I'm trying to find is
> either a Perl or PHP way to connect to and access a postgres database.
> If there were some simple examples somewhere I would really appreciate
> finding them.  I want to look into web based Postgres database
> applications. Thanks very much for your help. Paul

For Perl see DBI/DBD. Its a kind if a construction set. You need DBI and
then for every database a DBD. For Perl I use DBD-Pg-0.95 and DBI-1.13.

PHP is nice, too. Maybe a bit simpler for Web-Pages. PHP comes with HTML
docs. You find there a section about the postgres functions.

Re: Perl or PHP DB Access?

От
"Permaine Cheung"
Дата:
You can also find instructions on building Apache, PHP and sample
code on accessing PostgreSQL database at:
http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/howto/database/database_php/

Hope this helps!

Permaine

> I did a search in the subjects for perl or php and only found one, asking
if
> there was a php book . . . .  What I'm trying to find is either a Perl or
> PHP way to connect to and access a postgres database.  If there were some
> simple examples somewhere I would really appreciate finding them.  I want
> look into web based Postgres database applications.
> Thanks very much for your help.
> Paul

> -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Re: Perl or PHP DB Access?

От
Lincoln Yeoh
Дата:
At 08:25 PM 2/14/02 -0600, p s wrote:
>I did a search in the subjects for perl or php and only found one, asking if
>there was a php book . . . .  What I'm trying to find is either a Perl or
>PHP way to connect to and access a postgres database.  If there were some
>simple examples somewhere I would really appreciate finding them.  I want to
>look into web based Postgres database applications.
>Thanks very much for your help.
>Paul

For Perl try the DBI and DBD modules.

The perldocs are good enough for the perl side of things.

Link.