Обсуждение: Fast vector similarity metric

Fast vector similarity metric

От
Travis Bauer
Дата:
I am writing a java search engine which uses Postgresql as the backend.
In this search engine, I'm using an inverted term table (to store the
vectors).   The search engine is actually working, but the vector
comparison is very slow. I'm wondering if someone with experience with
this sort of thing could give me some ideas on how to implement a fast
vector comparison for Postgres.

Thank you,

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer

Re: Fast vector similarity metric

От
"otisg"
Дата:
Java, search engine....why not use something like Lucene?
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene

Otis
Get your own FREE email account at iVillage.com!
http://webmail.ivillage.com/