Обсуждение: Building Perl DBI::pg

Building Perl DBI::pg

От
"Peter Darley"
Дата:
Friends,
    I have a question about building Perl DBI::Pg.  I'm currently using 7.1.3,
but will soon go to 7.2, and I'm not sure if there is going to be any
difference in the DBIs for the different versions?  I'd like to build with
the 7.2 and not mess with it later, but if that isn't going to work, I'll
build for 7.1.3 and switch over later.
    Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Peter D.

Re: Building Perl DBI::pg

От
"Jeffrey W. Baker"
Дата:
On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 12:15, Peter Darley wrote:
> Friends,
>     I have a question about building Perl DBI::Pg.  I'm currently using 7.1.3,
> but will soon go to 7.2, and I'm not sure if there is going to be any
> difference in the DBIs for the different versions?  I'd like to build with
> the 7.2 and not mess with it later, but if that isn't going to work, I'll
> build for 7.1.3 and switch over later.

I have updated from 7.1.3 to 7.2 without needing to rebuild the DBD::Pg
modules.  Shared libraries are versioned, so any changes that break
binary compatability will not break existing installed software.

You can get updated versions of DBD::Pg from my home directory on CPAN:

http://www.cpan.org/authors/Jeffrey_Baker/

Cheers,
Jeffrey