Обсуждение: multiple version running

multiple version running

От
"philip johnson"
Дата:
is it possible to have 1 postgresql 6.5.3 and a 7.2 running on a same
machine (mandrake 8.1) ?

Re: multiple version running

От
Doug McNaught
Дата:
"philip johnson" <philip.johnson@atempo.com> writes:

> is it possible to have 1 postgresql 6.5.3 and a 7.2 running on a same
> machine (mandrake 8.1) ?

Sure, just run them with different PGDATA directories and different
ports.

-Doug

Re: multiple version running

Дата:
"philip johnson" <philip.johnson@atempo.com> writes:
> is it possible to have 1 postgresql 6.5.3 and a 7.2 running on a same
> machine (mandrake 8.1) ?

Certainly: give them separate install directories, data directories,
and port numbers, and away you go.

You might have to install one or the other from source rather than use
RPMs, if your RPMs want to install both versions in the same place.

            regards, tom lane

Re: multiple version running

От
"philip johnson"
Дата:
so the easyets way is to create 2 users with different env ?