Обсуждение: database size

database size

От
"philip johnson"
Дата:

Дата:

Дата:
I've search in contrib and I can't find it

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org]De la part de Lee Kindness
Envoye : mercredi 19 juin 2002 16:04
A : philip johnson
Cc : pgsql-general@postgresql.org; Lee Kindness
Objet : [GENERAL] database size

See contrib/dbsize in the source archive, or it should be installed if
you installed the contrib RPM (assuming Linux).

Lee.

philip johnson writes:
 > how can I get the size of my database
 > and table size in MB?

Re: database size

От
Lee Kindness
See:

 contrib/dbsize/README.dbsize

in the source archive.

Lee.

philip johnson writes:
 > sorry forgot to say that I'm using source file to generate postgresql 7.2.1
 > I've search in contrib and I can't find it

Re: database size

От
"philip johnson"
Дата:
I've extracted the file postgresql-7.2.1.tar.gz and I can't find the
dbsize directory

 > sorry forgot to say that I'm using source file to generate postgresql
7.2.1
 > I've search in contrib and I can't find it

Re: database size

От
"philip johnson"
Дата:
someone could answer to my question ?

I've extracted the file postgresql-7.2.1.tar.gz and I can't find the
dbsize directory

 > sorry forgot to say that I'm using source file to generate postgresql
7.2.1
 > I've search in contrib and I can't find it

Re: database size

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
philip johnson wrote:
> someone could answer to my question ?

In /contrib/dbsize.

Re: database size

От
Fran Fabrizio
Дата:
 From the looks of it, it's not in any of the releases.  You should be
able to get it out of CVS though.  It appears to have been added very
recently (May 20th).

-Fran

philip johnson wrote:

>someone could answer to my question ?

Re: database size

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 01:25:10PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> philip johnson wrote:
> > someone could answer to my question ?
> >

> In /contrib/dbsize.

Hmm.  It's not in the 7.2.1 tarball that I downloaded, either.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Re: database size

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Fran Fabrizio wrote:

>  From the looks of it, it's not in any of the releases.  You should be
> able to get it out of CVS though.  It appears to have been added very
> recently (May 20th).

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that wasn't in 7.2.

Also, I have added documentation on computing disk space, again for 7.3:

    http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/diskusage.html