Обсуждение: OSX Install Instructions

OSX Install Instructions

От
"Robert J. Sanford, Jr."
Дата:
O'Reilly Network has an article on downloading and installing PostgreSQL
from an OSX perspective. Would providing a link on the ports page(s) be a
useful thing to do?

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/06/07/postgresql.html

rjsjr

Re: OSX Install Instructions

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, Robert J. Sanford, Jr. wrote:

> O'Reilly Network has an article on downloading and installing PostgreSQL
> from an OSX perspective. Would providing a link on the ports page(s) be a
> useful thing to do?
>
> http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/06/07/postgresql.html

Due to the risk of someone else's page disappearing, I'd rather someone
wrote up a how to that we'd be able to keep locally.

Vince.

Re: OSX Install Instructions

От
Phil Dobbin
Дата:
On 15/7/02 at 08:01, vev@michvhf.com (Vince Vielhaber) wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, Robert J. Sanford, Jr. wrote:
>
> > O'Reilly Network has an article on downloading and installing
> > PostgreSQL
> > from an OSX perspective. Would providing a link on the ports page(s)
> > be a
> > useful thing to do?
> >
> > http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/06/07/postgresql.html
>
> Due to the risk of someone else's page disappearing, I'd rather
> someone
> wrote up a how to that we'd be able to keep locally.

There is also Marc Liyanage's excellent binary available from:

<http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/>

for Mac OS X. It's the one I used and works great, so it should probably included in any howto.

Regards,

Phil.

Re: OSX Install Instructions

От
Francois Suter
Дата:
> Due to the risk of someone else's page disappearing, I'd rather someone
> wrote up a how to that we'd be able to keep locally.

Personnally I installed PostgreSQL using Mark Liyanage's web page
(http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql) from which you can
dowload a compiled version. So it's not a complete installation guide, but
it works very well. Maybe you could ask him if it's ok to mirror his page?

--------
François

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/
"A fox is a wolf who sends flowers"

Re: OSX Install Instructions

От
Joe Block
Дата:
In article
<r01050300-1015-53EADDBA97F111D683070003930DCC6E@[10.0.0.2]>,
 phildobbin@pobox.com (Phil Dobbin) wrote:

> On 15/7/02 at 08:01, vev@michvhf.com (Vince Vielhaber) wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, Robert J. Sanford, Jr. wrote:
> >
> > > O'Reilly Network has an article on downloading and installing
> > > PostgreSQL
> > > from an OSX perspective. Would providing a link on the ports page(s)
> > > be a
> > > useful thing to do?
> > >
> > > http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/06/07/postgresql.html
> >
> > Due to the risk of someone else's page disappearing, I'd rather
> > someone
> > wrote up a how to that we'd be able to keep locally.
>
> There is also Marc Liyanage's excellent binary available from:
>
> <http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/>
>
> for Mac OS X. It's the one I used and works great, so it should probably
> included in any howto.

fink (http://fink.sourceforge.net) also makes it easy to install
postgresql on OS X - "fink install postgresql" and it downloads,
patches, builds and installs in one go.

jpb

Re: OSX Install Instructions

От