Обсуждение: One SQL to access two databases.

One SQL to access two databases.

От
Diogo Biazus
Дата:
Does anybody know if postgres support a SQL statement that handles two
diferent databases (in the same server)?

--
Diogo de Oliveira Biazus
diogo@ikono.com.br

Re: One SQL to access two databases.

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Diogo Biazus wrote:

> Does anybody know if postgres support a SQL statement that handles two
> diferent databases (in the same server)?

Have a look at the contrib/dblink directory in the standard postgresql
distro.

pilsl@goldfisch.at

> > Does anybody know if postgres support a SQL statement that handles two
> > diferent databases (in the same server)?
>
> Have a look at the contrib/dblink directory in the standard postgresql
> distro.

Didnt find such a directory (or a similar one) in my 7.1.3-distri and
this would be very helpful to save db-handles in persistent programs.

thnx,
peter

--
mag. peter pilsl
IT-Consulting

Re: One SQL to access two databases.

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
pilsl@goldfisch.at wrote:
>>>Does anybody know if postgres support a SQL statement that handles two
>>>diferent databases (in the same server)?
>>
>>Have a look at the contrib/dblink directory in the standard postgresql
>>distro.
>>
> Didnt find such a directory (or a similar one) in my 7.1.3-distri and
> this would be very helpful to save db-handles in persistent programs.

dblink was first released with PostgreSQL 7.2. But as of yesterday, a "new and
improved" PostgreSQL 7.3 was released with a much improved dblink. If you can,
upgrade to 7.3.

Joe

Re: One SQL to access two databases.

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 pilsl@goldfisch.at wrote:

> > > Does anybody know if postgres support a SQL statement that handles two
> > > diferent databases (in the same server)?
> >
> > Have a look at the contrib/dblink directory in the standard postgresql
> > distro.
> >

> Didnt find such a directory (or a similar one) in my 7.1.3-distri and
> this would be very helpful to save db-handles in persistent programs.

Yeah, it sounds like you're running an older version of Postgresql.  Good
news, 7.3 is out.  I'd suggest upgrading to it and then you should have
the contrib/dblink directory.