Обсуждение: Strange Error

Strange Error

От
David Siebert
Дата:
I think someone maybe attacking my postgres server.
Some days when people first log on to the system it is maxed out on
connectons.
is there some way to log the connectons  so I can see where people are
logging in from?
I am running it on Linux.
Thanks.

Re: Strange Error

От
"John Chapman"

> I think someone maybe attacking my postgres server.
> Some days when people first log on to the system it is maxed out on
> connectons. is there some way to log the connectons  so I can see
> where people are logging in from? I am running it on Linux. Thanks.

I would think there are several ways to do this. For sure, you can do
a netstat to get that information. However, do you allow anyone to
connect to your database server? I would setup the firewalling to
allow only from the known places. You could also easily setup a
webpage where someone would have to login via username/pass, then
their IP address is allowed access for a certain length of time.

Quite a few ways to protect yourself, I would think.

John C.

Re: Strange Error

Дата:
David Siebert <david@eclipsecat.com> writes:
> is there some way to log the connectons  so I can see where people are
> logging in from?

See log_connections option in postgresql.conf (at least that's what it's
called now, I think it's been renamed once or twice).

Also, plain old "ps" will show you where people are currently coming
from...

            regards, tom lane