Обсуждение: problem while inslalling fink on ms os x

problem while inslalling fink on ms os x

От
Abhishek Verma
Дата:
hi i am installing fink from link
http://fink.sourceforge.net/download/index.php .

After decompression the directions are

1. open terminal and type pico .cshrc . then type
/sw/bin/init.csh and save
2. Type fink scanpackages (type password).then type
sudo dselect (press u for update then s for select
then i for install packages)

Problem

1. i have created .cshrc file in my home directory.(as
its default directory)
    but there is no file like init.csh .

2. but i started fink scanpackeges from .sw.fink
directory.
     it prompts for password.but after then sudo
dselect is not running...

if anybody know the so;ution then please tell me

thank you

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

[OT] Re: problem while inslalling fink on ms os x

От
Adam Witney
Дата:
Just to point out that this is in fact a PostgreSQL mailing list. You should
direct your finks questions to one of the finks lists. Try here

http://fink.sourceforge.net/lists/fink-beginners.php

Not sure exactly what your problem is below, but you should have

source /sw/bin/init.csh

in your .cshrc and then run fink scanpackages etc from a newly opened
terminal window.

Also init.csh should be in /sw/bin , if not then there was probably
something wrong with your initial install.

Any other problems I would send to the fink mailing list above.

HTH

adam

> hi i am installing fink from link
> http://fink.sourceforge.net/download/index.php .
>
> After decompression the directions are
>
> 1. open terminal and type pico .cshrc . then type
> /sw/bin/init.csh and save
> 2. Type fink scanpackages (type password).then type
> sudo dselect (press u for update then s for select
> then i for install packages)
>
> Problem
>
> 1. i have created .cshrc file in my home directory.(as
> its default directory)
>   but there is no file like init.csh .
>
> 2. but i started fink scanpackeges from .sw.fink
> directory.
>    it prompts for password.but after then sudo
> dselect is not running...
>
> if anybody know the so;ution then please tell me
>
> thank you

> http://taxes.yahoo.com/

>   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

believed to be clean.