Обсуждение: Development Language, OS and PostgreSQL

Development Language, OS and PostgreSQL

От
"Dominic Chow"
Дата:
Hello,

I am new to PostgreSQL, but not databases.  I've used MS Access, Visual
Basic and MS SQL Server.

I am looking to use PostgreSQL but am not sure of the language to use.  I
have Java and JDBC in mind - first on Windows NT and eventually on Linux.
Any comments on the adequacy of this choice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Dominic

Re: Development Language, OS and PostgreSQL

От
Tim Ashman
Дата:
Dominic Chow wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to PostgreSQL, but not databases.  I've used MS Access, Visual
> Basic and MS SQL Server.
>
> I am looking to use PostgreSQL but am not sure of the language to use.  I
> have Java and JDBC in mind - first on Windows NT and eventually on Linux.
> Any comments on the adequacy of this choice would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
> Dominic

We use postgresql and java.  There is also an ODBC driver for postgresql
so if you wish you can use any front end that supports odbc.

Re: Development Language, OS and PostgreSQL

От
Jeff Eckermann
Дата:
--- Dominic Chow <kcho4206@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to PostgreSQL, but not databases.  I've
> used MS Access, Visual
> Basic and MS SQL Server.
>
> I am looking to use PostgreSQL but am not sure of
> the language to use.

If you want to make use of your knowledge of MS Access
& Visual Basic, they work well with PostgreSQL via
ODBC.  Check out http://odbc.postgresql.org for starters.

http://platinum.yahoo.com