Обсуждение: Problem with odbc.sql

Problem with odbc.sql

От
alain.bruneau@acoss.fr
Дата:
Hi.

I'm trying to install psqlodbc-7.2.5 driver.

I have some trouble with odbc.sql shell script.

test=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION "char"(integer) RETURNS text AS '
test'#    SELECT chr($1);
test'#  ' LANGUAGE SQL;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "OR"

test=# CREATE FUNCTION "char"(integer) RETURNS text AS '
test'#     SELECT chr($1);
test'# ' LANGUAGE SQL;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "sql"

Perhaps due to my Postgresql version : postgresql-7.1.2.0

Thanks you for your help.

Regards,
Alain.

Re: Problem with odbc.sql

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Friday 04 Apr 2003 11:21 am, alain.bruneau@acoss.fr wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to install psqlodbc-7.2.5 driver.
>
> I have some trouble with odbc.sql shell script.
>
> test=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION "char"(integer) RETURNS text AS '
> test'#    SELECT chr($1);
> test'#  ' LANGUAGE SQL;
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "OR"

I think CREATE OR REPLACE is a recent thing.

> test=# CREATE FUNCTION "char"(integer) RETURNS text AS '
> test'#     SELECT chr($1);
> test'# ' LANGUAGE SQL;
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "sql"

Do you not need to quote the "SQL"?

--
  Richard Huxton